Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default No external storage error

I cannot access my images cause it says: "no external storage available"
    What to do?

Default Re: No external storage error

If I understand what you are asking, you will need to purchase a OTG cable adapter and Nexus Media Importer if you do not want to root, or stickmount if you wish to root and a usbFlash memory device.

Amazon.com: SANOXY Micro USB Host Mode OTG Cable Flash Drive SD T-Flash Card Adapter FOR Samsung GT-i9100 i9100 Galaxy S II 2 GT-N7000 Galaxy Note: Cell Phones & Accessories

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...aW1wb3J0ZXIiXQ..

My 7 had this same message when I tried to open gallery, then my camera went to a green screen ever sense. Now gallery lets me view pics, but the camera is dead. Never tried to import pic's just view the ones on the Nexus 7.....
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by bigtroutz View Post
    If I understand what you are asking, you will need to purchase a OTG cable adapter and Nexus Media Importer if you do not want to root, or stickmount if you wish to root and a usbFlash memory device.

Amazon.com: SANOXY Micro USB Host Mode OTG Cable Flash Drive SD T-Flash Card Adapter FOR Samsung GT-i9100 i9100 Galaxy S II 2 GT-N7000 Galaxy Note: Cell Phones & Accessories

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...aW1wb3J0ZXIiXQ..
    No, I just want to view the images that are on my Nexus. But it doesn't let me, it keeps giving this no external storage message...

@ lindaaaa May I ask, is your camera still functional?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

@systemofadown1: no, if I want to use the camera, I get the same message. I think it's since I updated the software...

That's what I think too, but no one else seems to have had this issue other than me, you & one other user... I hope yours ends up better than mine, my gallery opens now but the camera is just a green flashing screen. I did a factory reset finally but still green screened.....
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I called the US helpline, but they were not aware of this problem and did not have a solution....

maybe someone will chime in with a fresh idea. I wish I could offer more help, but mine seemed to fix itself and kill the camera at the same time. I think you could try going into settings, storage, cashed data and click clear cached data but again not sure if that would do much in this situation. looks like the only option for me is to send mine in on warranty, but I hate the thought of sending it away for god knows how long....
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

@systemofadown1: I did not do anything, but it's working again.. it shouldn't get any stranger....

It seems that when you "clear cache" for the gallery it will give the message about no external storage but force closing the gallery will fix the issue..has worked every time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    calocojo likes this.

I had this issue once. I restarted the N7 and all was fine afterward.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Arctic HD

Factory reset if nothing else works.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS

I've found it ! Surprisingly, the best way I found is reboot! Works for me !

Does for me too, turn it off and on. Food for thought concerning clearing the cache though, I do that regularly in settings, and hadn't linked it to the "No external Storage problem til now. Thanks for the advice, appreciate it.

Hey how do I get the problem with no external storage fix?
    I am trying to enter my gallery and it keep coming up

Mine is doing the same thing. When i look at pics it states no external memory. Phone Updated last week

Any fix yet? My phone just updated and its still doing it. Restarting it doesn't fix it.

Hi did u try restarting your phone? This happened to me today so I turn my phone off and turn it back on and I check my gallery and it work hope this help

Guys, restart helps! Problem from my end was I was clearing cache with Clean Master and accidently cleaned/cleared needed data.
    Beware of such programs, Nexus does these jobs for you so no need to download additional programs !!!
    (Sorry about poor english, hope you understood )

Cool Re: No external storage error

I get this error msg also after clearing cache-I just restart and it is fine x

When I take a picture with my Droid. A message saying there is no external storage pops up, so it does not safe the picture to my album...I am wondering if something happened a few days ago when I exported my images ( from my phone) to my computer....

How do I fix this??

"No external storage" I get this error gallery and camera stop working.
    I try lot of resets, wipes, caches and apps.
    Finally the solution i got that connect device to computer and format device drives with fat32. Don't forget to take your valuable data backup.

"No external storage" I get this error gallery and camera stop working.
    I try lot of resets, wipes, caches and apps.
    Finally the solution i got that connect device to computer and format device drives with fat32. Don't forget to take your valuable data backup.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindaaaa View Post
    I cannot access my images cause it says: "no external storage available"
    What to do?
    Go to your app settings and clear data on the gallery app. It worked for me.
    Thanked by:
    cjcummings and jerkyvegan like this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast