No external storage error

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
My 7 had this same message when I tried to open gallery, then my camera went to a green screen ever sense. Now gallery lets me view pics, but the camera is dead. Never tried to import pic's just view the ones on the Nexus 7.....

Lindaaaa

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
If I understand what you are asking, you will need to purchase a OTG cable adapter and Nexus Media Importer if you do not want to root, or stickmount if you wish to root and a usbFlash memory device.

Amazon.com: SANOXY Micro USB Host Mode OTG Cable Flash Drive SD T-Flash Card Adapter FOR Samsung GT-i9100 i9100 Galaxy S II 2 GT-N7000 Galaxy Note: Cell Phones & Accessories

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...sb.importer&feature=nav_result&token=bnLHr9QN..

No, I just want to view the images that are on my Nexus. But it doesn't let me, it keeps giving this no external storage message...

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
That's what I think too, but no one else seems to have had this issue other than me, you & one other user... I hope yours ends up better than mine, my gallery opens now but the camera is just a green flashing screen. I did a factory reset finally but still green screened.....

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
maybe someone will chime in with a fresh idea. I wish I could offer more help, but mine seemed to fix itself and kill the camera at the same time. I think you could try going into settings, storage, cashed data and click clear cached data but again not sure if that would do much in this situation. looks like the only option for me is to send mine in on warranty, but I hate the thought of sending it away for god knows how long....

gigabitex2

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
It seems that when you "clear cache" for the gallery it will give the message about no external storage but force closing the gallery will fix the issue..has worked every time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

calocojo

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Does for me too, turn it off and on. Food for thought concerning clearing the cache though, I do that regularly in settings, and hadn't linked it to the "No external Storage problem til now. Thanks for the advice, appreciate it.

jdizon415

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi did u try restarting your phone? This happened to me today so I turn my phone off and turn it back on and I check my gallery and it work hope this help

The KLF

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Guys, restart helps! Problem from my end was I was clearing cache with Clean Master and accidently cleaned/cleared needed data.
Beware of such programs, Nexus does these jobs for you so no need to download additional programs !!!
(Sorry about poor english, hope you understood ;) )

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon