Nexus 7 screen goes dark when rotated to landscape

mark555555

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Had the Nexus 7 for a few months now. Currently travelling around SE Asia. Been working great until this morning. Suddenly when ever I try and view something in landscape it goes dark! Auto-rotate is selected in Setting/Accessibility and I have rebooted the machine with no result. The moment you start to rotate from portrait to landscape it starts to dim and by tge time you reach landscape it is virtually dark. Any help would be much appreciated as this is driving me mad!

softy244

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Topic is a little old and I'm sure the poster has figured it out by now, but I figured I'd add since I had the same problem and the answer is hilarious.
Took me way too long to solve this one. The solution was to remove my polarized sunglasses.

kpublik

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Took me way too long to solve this one. The solution was to remove my polarized sunglasses.

THANK YOU! I recently noticed this "problem" with a Nexus phone. Though it only seemed to happen "randomly" when I was outside, which of course was when I was wearing my polarized sunglasses.

I thought it had something to do with ambient light detection, because only happened when outside, in strong sunlight. LoL. I feel really silly, but so glad that I came across your answer.

Thanks again.

Bharat87

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Hahah Holy ****!!
I feel plain stupid now trying to figure this out since months!. I thought something went wrong with the update I did..!! :D

S C3

May 25, 2018
Visit site
That is so funny! I had bought a pair of new glasses yesterday so that I could see better and they came with a clip-on polarized lens.

Thanks for sharing a solution for a problem that was driving me crazy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol