Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SithLord0498
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Play Store gift cards

Ever since I bought my wife her 16g N7 we have been looking and wondering why they never made these cards, they have them for I-tunes and the app store with apple.

Well this past weekend we were out Christmas shopping at Target and I seen $15, $25 and $50 gift cards......I stopped in my track and showed her, we both just had to stand there, blink our eyes and stare again to make sure they were real.....I touched one and she said "No way!" I softly said "Target, that's who has them."

So there ya go, they do exist.

Default Re: Google Play Store gift cards

Google released them about 2-3 months ago. Other locations that sell them include Wal-Mart, Gamestop, and Radio Shack.

As for Target, check up at the front registers. You'll likely find $10 increment cards there too. Those are the ones I tend to purchase.
    Thanked by:
    irratebass1 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by SithLord0498 View Post
    Google released them about 2-3 months ago. Other locations that sell them include Wal-Mart, Gamestop, and Radio Shack.

As for Target, check up at the front registers. You'll likely find $10 increment cards there too. Those are the ones I tend to purchase.
    Very nice!!! I didn't know they were released......I guess I don't get out much, thanks for the heads up.

Link to gift card info:

ETA:

I contacted Coinstar and suggested that they add Google Play as one of the cards they offer. If you would like to contact them, I did so via Twitter (@coinstar) and got a response from them the same day. They said that they would pass it along to the appropriate people.
    Last edited by NealJ777; 12-12-2012 at 12:34 PM.

The gift card is nice, but if you simply want to fund your Google account for future Play Store purchases (instead of having a bunch of 99 cent credit card charges), you can buy a lump sum credit to add to your Google Play balance. I generally buy a $10 credit, thereby simplifying my credit card statement when I go on a Play Store buying binge.

I have seen them in Walmart stores for weeks now, even the Walmart that doesn't have a Nexus 7 on display.