Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Voice Question

I set up my Google voice after I downloaded Groove Lp Lite so I could make and receive phone calls, but my question is can you change your phone # to your actual #?

What I mean is I tried a few test calls to people, and yes it worked as in the phones rang, but no one picked up, I called my sister in law a couple of buddies and my wife.....well when I went to see why my wife didn't pick up it was because she didn't recognize the # it was coming up at a California # and we live in Indiana.

So, can you change your Google voice phone #? or do I just have to remind everyone that it's me calling from a California #??

Default Re: Google Voice Question

In the options on Google voice I recall seeing the option to use my number instead of the number provided.. I'll see if I can locate it

ROM
    4.1.2 stock JB

usually google voice is kinda like a second phone number for your phone. But you can port your carrier's number to google voice for one-time fee of $20.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Hmmmm, well I am not going to be doing that anytime soon....thanks for answering.

Just send a text to the people you regularly call from your contact list. Tell them it is your secondary phone number and to please update their contact information for you.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    560 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by irratebass1 View Post
    Hmmmm, well I am not going to be doing that anytime soon....thanks for answering.
    The you created the account, you selected the Cali number. You can switch to an Indiana number for $20. Any time you change your number, you pay that fee.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidOsAppsandMore View Post
    Just send a text to the people you regularly call from your contact list. Tell them it is your secondary phone number and to please update their contact information for you.
    Now that's an idea...thanks....*high five*