Play Music Offline

Doc_Z

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I have uploaded music to Google Play from my PC. The music app plays them when I am connected via WiFi. How do I cache the music so I can play it when I'm not connected?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you tap on the little triangle at the lower right of a song or album, there should be an option that comes up for "Keep music on device." That will download it to your phone.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
There's also a little push-pin icon you can click when viewing an album, etc. I also noticed that it seems to cache some automatically. On a recent road trip, I told it to play all - shuffled, and was expecting to only hear a handful of albums I had told it to make available offline. I was also getting music I had listened to recently without specifying to make available offline, so it seems to cache music when you play it to some degree.

dralezero

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Cache automatically is an option from the Google Music settings. I leave it turned off because I don't want it filling up the device. Not sure for how long or how much it will cache. And clearing cache to make room removes all pinned music and it has to download again.