Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default new nexus 7 owner requires urgent help

Have received new nexus 7 16gb Wifi.Took on holiday to South Africa,used couple of times via WiFi hotspot there & got internet access.Arrived home in UK & couldn't get connectivity to my home wifi.Nothing of import downloaded but got confused & hit the factory reset function.On opening has reverted to opening scenario,ie language options then wifi-it recognises my wireless router but just wont connect and is stuck on this recurring scenario.
    What can i do?

Default Re: new nexus 7 owner requires urgent help

Did you change any of the settings in Africa to get it to work on their networks? Dynamic IP or other network settings ? I guess it should be fresh since you just did a reset what kind of router do you have and do you have anything else on the network now?

I am no teck but maybe your. Tab is set to their settings. First I would search google for answers, I did read something about Africa and router differences from others..not sure if that helps, but just why I chimmed in.

Try rebooting your router by unplugging it and then plugging it back in.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Make sure the wireless router doesn't have MAC filtering on. Try with no password setup on router.

Whats weird is that if you did not turn off and on your tablet while connected to their wifi then it should not be a problem. I am sure you tablet just did not change the dynamic IP by itself. Have you tried a straight up full wipe? I know it might suck but hey better than having a brick for a tablet.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Don't remember changing settings in SA.It just picked up local wireless router.My home router is NetGear with desktop1&laptop netwoprked.Went into router settings via http//192.168.0.1 which states SSID is as Nexus states has excellent reception,region=europe,Channel= 01 & mode= g&b.Also,under wireless ettings bothWAP is enabled & broadcast of SSID & wireless isolation is disabled.I cannot find any facility to alter or see what Ghz my router is set for?

Did you try rebooting the router?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums