EPUB on NEXUS 7 using NOOK APP

Jessicaa39

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
so i really want to read my personal epub files (drm free) that are on my mac on my nexus 7. I cant seem to side load these files properly on any app. I hate the look of aldiko and it was giving me issues. It says you can side load on the nook app and it is a professionally well-made app, so I'd like to use it but i cant get my epubs into the app. I have no idea how to do it. It says to put the epubs in the Nook->my documents folder but I dont have that on my nexus 7 when I open it in android file transfer. Please help I really want to read on my n7.

4Holly

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I have found that files downloaded only from a website can be picked up by Aldiko. I use Moon Reader Pro for ePub files. I email them to myself and pick them up that way. Sorry, haven't tried the Nook App, but hopefully someone will have the answer for you.

repligation

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I have always used Cool Reader for my ebook needs. It always opens epub and mobi without hassle. If for some reason an ebook gives you trouble, you can always try calibre on your pc to do conversions.

I use and recommend both.

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
so i really want to read my personal epub files (drm free) that are on my mac on my nexus 7. I cant seem to side load these files properly on any app. I hate the look of aldiko and it was giving me issues. It says you can side load on the nook app and it is a professionally well-made app, so I'd like to use it but i cant get my epubs into the app. I have no idea how to do it. It says to put the epubs in the Nook->my documents folder but I dont have that on my nexus 7 when I open it in android file transfer. Please help I really want to read on my n7.

- Get the books downloaded to your PC, Mac or Laptop.
- Connect the Nexus 7 to your PC, Mac or Laptop using the cable that comes with the charger/cable assembly (read the manual if you need instructions)
- Transfer the files (you can use drag n drop etc) from the pc to the Nexus 7 \Books folder or the default folder for whatever eReader you decide to use - there are lots of good eReaders already mentioned here

Check to make sure your reader can 'see' the files and you are all set.

nancybout

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I would sideload.. Her instructions are perfect.
I currently read on Eink or my galaxy note 2 and I was checking to see if I can open an ePub file on the nook app like I do on kobo app or fbreader.
Kindle, I can easily email myself mobi files /ebooks. Love that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Mivo

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Personally, I use Calibre (open source and free, available for Win/Mac/Linux) to manage and store my books on the PC. On the Nexus, I use the Calibre Companion (costs a couple bucks) to wirelessly connect to Calibre and then transfer the books I want to the Nexus. The companion will then open them with an app of your choice, e.g. the Nook app (I use Moon+). You can initiate the transfer either from the Nexus (connecting to Calibre's content server) or from Calibre (by selecting books and then "send to device (main memory)"). Works flawlessly and is hassle-free.