Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Audio/video streaming problems in NEXUS 7

hello,

greetings fr the day..
    i bought my nexus 7 two days back and i m getting a strange issue with my device.
    I'm not able to stream any video or audio online in my device. i apparently bought the device for this purpose and its sad that it doesnot work.
    Whenever i open youtube i get an error saying " connection to server lost.touch to retry"
    i m trying to stream audios and videos from other sites also(i also tried dolhpin browser)..but of no use.. i see the title of the video but it never starts..

wifi speed seems to be ok..so that should not be an issue.

And yeah..as i m connected to college n/w it is behind a proxy..but all other apps i have tried so far works fine as of nw..only this weird problem of no streming of audio aor video.

Default Re: Audio/video streaming problems in NEXUS 7

Try connecting to some other wireless network to narrow it down to a limitation with the network you are trying to currently use.

We need more information. There are at least three things that need to work properly to hear and see music and video on the N7.

1) good connection to receive the data
    2) a compatible player that can process the stream
    3) proper settings in your receiving device (eg volume set properly, wifi on, etc on the N7)

About point 2, you may need to sideload flash player if you are streaming media using an Adobe Flash embedded player. You may need something like MX player that can handle the stream you are receiving, etc.

Make sure all three items are set up properly and let us know more about the details so we can help.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Hi,
    i tried using a diffrent direct WiFi connection and it worked fyn..
    so it is looks like there is a problem with my proxy settings which is not allowing my videos/audios to stream on my device.
    is there any way where i can bypass this restriction or are there any workaround by which the videos/audios runs without any problems..

regards,
    Anish

Most probably your college network is deliberately blocking video streaming to protect bandwidth.

Have you tried using Ultrasurf?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Hi ,

There is no restriction as such on video downloads in the college. Because ipad users are able to stream videos online..
    Regarding Ultrasurf.. i have nt tried as of now..it is not available in Playstore,,if there is a apk file available online please let me know..

I have also checked with my friends here who are using android based tabs.. few of the apps are not working for them also..like"youtube"
    so is there any problem with android when recognising proxy ? Are there any fixes available which you guys are aware of?

I think your college's WiFi might not be strong enough to connect to YouTube. I've used my N7 at my college and it is pretty slow.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

i dont think this is the case . As people here are using youtube in ipad very conveniently..