Nexus 7 32gb - Funny Marks on the screen - Image now added

Andy Bell

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys,

First post.......and yes it is about the screen, but not about screen lift!

After a couple of hours of using my device you get the usual finger prints and marks all over the screen, I noticed that down the left hand side there seems to be some funny marks all the way down the screen.

These only appear once you have been using the device and you get some fingerprints on it, if you give it a good polish the go away.

Just wondering of anyone else has had seen the same kind of thing?

Thanks
Andy.

(Tried to attache image, not sure if it worked!)

Last edited:

mathelm

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nexus 7 32gb - Funny Marks on the screen

I wonder if it is water under the screen like this thread "Nexus 7 water damage". Where when you turn it on and it heats up, the marks start showing. Maybe you could get him (Double4Free ) to post a pic of his. By the looks of the non marked area of the screen, I assume you've cleaned it with some sort of grease removing solvent....

Andy Bell

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site

You cant see them unless you get any fingerprints on the screen, as soon as you wipe away the prints the marks disappear so it seems to be something on the actual front of the screen. It's almost as if the factory fitted film that comes on the tablet has caused it.

I have tried wiping it using the solution I use to clean my LCD TV but it hasn't made any difference.

On the picture I took above I purposely made the screen a little dirty to highlight the funny markings that appear.

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

weird, some have had marks in circular shapes - they used a bit more elbow grease & microfiber cloth to remove them. May work in this case, but never came across the marks on the side of the screen..

mathelm

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site

Glass (as on the nexus) is relativity tough compared to a LCD screen. You can use any window cleaner on it you would normally use. I even buffed mine (by hand) with a good car wax (Meguiar's cleaner wax)....

Andy Bell

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site

It is a bit odd! Apart from this my device is perfect. It doesn't really bother me too much, just wondered if anyone else had seen the same king of thing? I did have a 16gb model before this but that suffered from horrendous screen lift, the creak was really irritating when using the left side of the screen, when i bought my 16gb it was ?199 when i changed it the 32gb were also ?199 so the retailer let me have a replacement 32gb instead :)

I have tried all sorts to try and get rid, elbow grease, LCD screen cleaner, breath, tiny bit of window cleaner - all used with a microfiber cloth, none of these methods even seem to be getting rid of it at all.

I'll try and get some better pics so you guys can see it a bit better, maybe before and after pics.

supersamba

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site

Hi,
First post on this Forum.
The marks on the screen,, YES i have some too.
They polish away, but fingerprints do show them up.
They are exactly as described by the previous dude.
After the screen is 'finger printed' the marks look like greasy marks, under the prints, if that makes sense.
If i wipe the screen with a damp cloth with a small bit of washing up liquid, the screen will clean, and the marked areas seem to retain a microscopic layer of water, but the rest of the screen will wipe clean instantly. This marked/wet area will evaporate in a few seconds to reveal a full perfect clean screen,,, until the fingerprints, again show up the marks.

It looks like when you have glass with glue redisue on it, but no type of glass cleaner removes it. It must be a microscopic layer of something, on the glass, having appeared during manufacture.
The marks runs from top to bottom, as if some kind of roller mechanism passed the glass panel along a conveyor belt !!! There is also an elliptical mark that looks like there has been a rubber sucker on it.... DOH....

Hope that makes sense.
Need to upload a photo somehow. I do have a good photo of it though..

R

Andy Bell

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site

I never did get round to posting any photos but the one I posted originally does show it pretty clearly, I've kinda come round to living with it now, makes me keep my screen clean anyway!

How you described it is spot on though. Also on mine I have noticed a perfectly straight line that runs parallel to these marks.

A photo would be good though if you could add it, I would be interested to see if anyone else has seen it.

Andy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20