Nexus 7 water damage

Double4Free

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
So I was applying my nexus 7 wet screen protector and for some reason it seems some water has leaked under my screen causing a hazy effect. After some research I found this is called the Maura effect. How do I know if any of my nexus 7 water sensors have been tripped? Water should not have come under the screen I used a minimum amount. Will Asus cover this?

Thank you

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Tough one, if it was not much at all then try sticking it in a bag of rice to pull the moisture out. That may help, or just give it a few days. Takes a decent amount of water to actually get inside the unit and find the little water trip stickers but that all depends on conditions... I bet ASUS says that's still water damage & not covered but worth a shot if worse comes to worse....

Double4Free

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Is the nexus still working?

Yes it still functions 100%. I talked to asus support and they said that the water should not have been able to get under the LCD and it would be under warranty if there was no excessive damage by me. So I'm wondering where the liquid damage markers are in the tablet. Anyone know? It's sitting in rice right now

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Figured ASUS would take the easy out... Ive opened my n7 several times, but don't recall seeing the stickers - but was not looking for them.. They should be pretty obvious & there are a couple teardowns & plenty of pic's on the net of them opened up if that might help your search.

weebeesteve

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
If you are comfortable with it then I would go ahead and open it up and dry it. If you use a hair dryer be very careful not to get the nexus too warm. If you do open it I wouldn't bother using a hair dryer. I would just place it under a table lamp, not too close, and let it slowly dry out. My biggest concern after it would be dry would be water/film residue that may remain.

mathelm

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Hmm.. It just occurred to me that water becomes a gas at a certain temperature and pressure. So instead of heating it, why not use some sort of solid container (that the nexus will fit in) and a vacuume cleaner.....?...

retsaw

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure there is water under the glass? I ask because the touchscreen and the LCD are supposed to be bonded together, so there shouldn't be any way for water to get under the glass.