1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Wow, Huge Pain the **** to Print Webpage!

Is there an easy/simple way to print a web page? I tried the Google Print & that doesn't do a thing. There has got to be something simplistic out there...

Default Re: Wow, Huge Pain the **** to Print Webpage!

Is your printer a networked, connected to the internet or just usb one?

I can print fine from both my Galaxy phone and my N7 to our home wireless networked printer via an Epson app.
    Mike

UK

2012 Nexus 7 on 4.4
    2013 Nexus 4 on 4.4
    2013 Chromecast

I use Cloud Print with great results. Just hit the share option and use that app.

I printed just fine from my Nexus 7 using Cloud Print with my wireless home printer.

Global Posts
    4,722 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock

Depending on your printer, the manufacturer might have a stock app for it. With my Epson printer, their application works pretty well.

I've also used Google's Cloud Print, as well as PrinterShare. Both work well, depending on the source of the file.

One thing that is sort of interesting is that the way Android works, sharing just sends the URL with the share command. If the website is somewhere that you have to log in to see content, and the share command will probably take you to the login page.

PrinterShare has a built in web viewer. You can actually login to the webpage and pull up the page you want to print all from within the printer app. The only downside is that PrinterShare cost quite a bit. But it does work with Bluetooth printers, wifi printers, and over the internet.
    RuneCryption - Unique memory puzzle game for Android. ( Google Play - Amazon Appstore )

The best way I found to print is using drop box and a small VB script you run on your desktop that sees anything placed into a drop boxes printque folder and prints it automatically then moves the file to a jobs folder so ya know its been printed. The link i'll post here if I find it again

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

you could try print by eurosmartz, i use this on my samsung galaxy ace to print webpages

Hi bryanc38

Did you get a solution to this yet? I just bought a Nexus 10, and what a bummer to print web pages from!!!! I can't do it.............yet!!

Thanks.

Reevo Anders

Quote Originally Posted by reevo850 View Post
    Hi bryanc38

Did you get a solution to this yet? I just bought a Nexus 10, and what a bummer to print web pages from!!!! I can't do it.............yet!!

Thanks.

Reevo Anders
    Set up cloud print from Chrome on your computer.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    4,722 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock

KitKat now has printing built in. You can print to a Google cloud printer, or use the HP print service through certain Google apps, like Chrome. This adds a Print menu option. Nice to see them working on making printing easier.
    RuneCryption - Unique memory puzzle game for Android. ( Google Play - Amazon Appstore )