Volume increase?

primetime34

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I am running stock 4.2.1. Not currently rooted, but will be. However, I cannot use custom roms (this is a work device). Any way of increasing the volume on a Nexus 7? It just seems too quiet. Thanks.

jaytee

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
Doesn't look like it.

From the description on Play:

"PLEASE DON'T RATE BADLY BECAUSE OF JELLY BEAN INCOMPATIBILITY! THIS IS GOOGLE'S DOING, NOT MINE, I'M TRYING MY BEST TO GET IT WORKING BUT HAVE HAD NO LUCK SO FAR. PLEASE TRY AND BE A BIT MORE PATIENT."

sojodave

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Speaker boost app can increase your volume and you can purchase power amp. I hate paying for apps, but Power Amp makes your music sound better with a built in eq and a preamp volume control. I think it was worth the $2.99 I had to fork over.

cognus

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Volume+ does not work 4.2.1.

so far as I know there is only 1 solution for nex7 w/4.2.1, but it is an excellent one.
install this: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...GVsYWJzLmVpem8ucmV3aXJlcHJvIl0&token=ZkxUSYp7.

Secondly, and we should always preface the audio conversation with this; imho the nexus 7 speaker is awful, or the implementation [design, execution] is awful. whatever it is, it does not work well. and I'll get pummeled for this, but go find an ipad mini and put it next to your nexus 7 and play anything with audio you care to, and you'll see the diff between effective and lame [and I am anything but an apple fanboy.]
So, there is no fix for the speaker so far as I know.

install noozxoide, go directly to its settings and set whatever you think you will like, and give it a try, then go write them a review. they deserve far more recognition than current.

I have not used it with all players, of course, but with MX Player [btw is there any videoplayer competition for MX Player on 4.2.1 Gnex7?] and with the stock google audio player, youtube, and I have not tried netflix yet, it works GREAT. awesome.

jaytee

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
I've had power amp for a while on my evo 4g and it works very well. The boost on the evo is great. This is a good solution for increased volume for audio files but doesn't address the volume problems for video... Speaker Boost doesn't seem to have much effect on my Nexus 7. I need to do some more comparisons before I give it a 'hearty endorsement'.

MarkFL88

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Google Music has a built in Equalizer when you are playing a song go to menu and select Equalizer and you can boot the signal from there are select preset sound preferences. It definitely helps the volume with Google Music but I am not sure it affects other apps sound.

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I agree that the built in speakers on the N7 are pitiful. I use ear-buds almost exclusively rather than face the torture - LOL, well they're not THAT bad.

Colin Crowley

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
OK I'm using an app called bluetooth volume. I got my Bluetooth headset volume up for calls, music and video. But a nice plus was I seem to have better volume on the speaker to.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Pitothead

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I have installed Noozxoide in JB 4.2.1 and selected it in 'Sounds'.
Not sure if it is working or not as when I pause any music and go to sound settings it says Noozxoide has stopped.
Does it always say that if nothing is playing?

martcal

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I've just done the same as you Pilothead, can't hear any difference in volume or quality at all

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

cognus

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
you have to open nooz itself and configure it for what devices you want it engaged on, and how. quite a range of options but to me they are logical and easily used. afterward, you can experiment and find what suits you the best.
by default, everything is off.

also, I'm doubtful that the settings can take hold if the apps that will employ it are started/running processes, so I clean/poweroff/rebooted after making the settings or when I change them.
c

I have installed Noozxoide in JB 4.2.1 and selected it in 'Sounds'.
Not sure if it is working or not as when I pause any music and go to sound settings it says Noozxoide has stopped.
Does it always say that if nothing is playing?