- 1 Posts
Can I transfer photos to Nexus 7 and then from Nexus 7 to Macbook Air?
I'm new here and new to Android in general.
I've read a lot about transferring photos to the N7 via Media Importer App.
I'm leaving on a trip soon (Friday) and wanted to use my N7 as a storage device for photos I take on the trip and then be able to transfer them to my Macbook Air when I return home.
Is that possible?
From what I've read it sounds like it's a one way street- meaning I can transfer photos to the N7 via OTG cable and Media Importer but not from the N7 to a computer.
Is that the unfortunate truth, would my pics be stuck on my Nexus then?
Any and all advise is appreciated for this Noob.
- 12-18-2012, 07:34 PM #2
- 12-18-2012, 07:44 PM #3
- 12-18-2012, 09:04 PM #4
- 12-18-2012, 09:08 PM #5
- 12-19-2012, 12:52 AM #6
- 525 Posts
Re: Can I transfer photos to Nexus 7 and then from Nexus 7 to Macbook Air?
If you use WiFi, you may need to turn on File and Printer sharing, not a big deal. Alternatively, you can use an app like AirDroid that will let you control your N7 from your Browser and transfer the files that way. In fact, there are about a zillion ways you can transfer files off the N7 and probably quite a few to transfer the files directly to a MacBook as well - just pick the one you like best.
I would not be surprised if you could not just plug the USB cable into the MacBook and transfer directly either but never tried it. Certainly works on a PC.
- 12-19-2012, 04:53 AM #7
- 270 Posts
- By fminusfminus in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 33Last Post: 01-31-2013, 11:57 AM
- By fminusfminus in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 17Last Post: 06-30-2012, 01:07 AM
- By GalaxyNole in forum Verizon Fascinate Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 02-11-2011, 08:51 PM
- By Varking in forum GamesReplies: 0Last Post: 06-10-2010, 02:30 PM
- By dr_gibberish in forum Samsung Moment Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 03-25-2010, 03:29 AM