Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can I transfer photos to Nexus 7 and then from Nexus 7 to Macbook Air?

Hey all.
    I'm new here and new to Android in general.
    I've read a lot about transferring photos to the N7 via Media Importer App.
    I'm leaving on a trip soon (Friday) and wanted to use my N7 as a storage device for photos I take on the trip and then be able to transfer them to my Macbook Air when I return home.
    Is that possible?
    From what I've read it sounds like it's a one way street- meaning I can transfer photos to the N7 via OTG cable and Media Importer but not from the N7 to a computer.
    Is that the unfortunate truth, would my pics be stuck on my Nexus then?
    Any and all advise is appreciated for this Noob.
    Thanks!

- Doc.

Default Re: Can I transfer photos to Nexus 7 and then from Nexus 7 to Macbook Air?

You are right they are stuck in the Nexus 7. One way street. I believe you can upload them to Picasa. What I don't know is if a Macbook air can get to Picasa

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

Default Re: Can I transfer photos to Nexus 7 and then from Nexus 7 to Macbook Air?

Picasa and mac O.S. are compatible.

Does Macbook air have USB and support MTP?

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

Transfer to your Mac thru USB or use drop box. That's what I do with mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Cochlea Doc View Post
    but not from the N7 to a computer.
    Is that the unfortunate truth, would my pics be stuck on my Nexus then?
    Absolutely FALSE. You can connect your N7 to your home computer either by WIFI or the cable that come with the charger and transfer the files back to the computer off the N7. NO problem at all.

If you use WiFi, you may need to turn on File and Printer sharing, not a big deal. Alternatively, you can use an app like AirDroid that will let you control your N7 from your Browser and transfer the files that way. In fact, there are about a zillion ways you can transfer files off the N7 and probably quite a few to transfer the files directly to a MacBook as well - just pick the one you like best.

I would not be surprised if you could not just plug the USB cable into the MacBook and transfer directly either but never tried it. Certainly works on a PC.
    Thanked by:

Yes, use Airdroid AirDroid-Enjoy your Android Experience over the air and stop worrying about jamming cables into your microUSB to share and transfer files.

Set up your folder sharing permissions in your Mac to share with your N7 and other devices by checking the smb (server message block) box. This will make them accessible from your N7 with a file explorer app like ES File Explorer.
    How to Set up File Sharing in Mac OS X Lion