Seams to be lots of problems....

nitrorea

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

Seams to be lots of issues with the new N7, what gives? People not being able to connect to WiFi networks, not being able to updates to the newest version of JB.

Can I assume, like most forums that there are 10 people with good experiences to every 1 with a bad one or does the new N7 just have lots of issues in general? I'm not seeing very many "good" posts about this device but then again on most devoted message boards you don't see that either.

Just curious, I'm reading all of this and getting scared what I bought isn't any good......

Diknak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
forums are always going to be imbalanced with problems over awesomeness. If people have a problem, they go to the forum to get help, while if people don't have problems, they typically will never go near one. This is the case for any electronic device, so don't get discouraged.

I think the N7 had some build quality issues early on, but those seem to have gone away for the most part.

edit: to add, a lot of the people here that are looking for help have rooted their tablet, unlocked the bootloader, and installed a custom ROM. If you stick with stock, you may not get some cool feature, but your experience is typically going to be smoother.

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

Seams to be lots of issues with the new N7, what gives? People not being able to connect to WiFi networks, not being able to updates to the newest version of JB.

Can I assume, like most forums that there are 10 people with good experiences to every 1 with a bad one or does the new N7 just have lots of issues in general? I'm not seeing very many "good" posts about this device but then again on most devoted message boards you don't see that either.

Just curious, I'm reading all of this and getting scared what I bought isn't any good......

Well here is a good post my man. My nexus 7 is running perfectly and I have not had any issues. Like the user above me said that these are more like customer support forums. So if you want to see the bad before you buy a android device or the worst case scenarios then you come here. I strongly back the nexus 7 and have converted many people from the terribly over priced ipads to the nexus gen. Either or man you bought a damn strong tablet that is better than almost anything out there until of course tegra 4 comes out with its beast like specs...

Ryan Ridley

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
All my family are Ipad freaks. Until there have been my Nexus 7 and now there have sold there I products i have done to the the nexus 7. My sister is the only one with a Ipad now. Which i have just been talking to her and she has now decided to get rid of your Ipad Mini and give the nexus i go.

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
All my family are Ipad freaks. Until there have been my Nexus 7 and now there have sold there I products i have done to the the nexus 7. My sister is the only one with a Ipad now. Which i have just been talking to her and she has now decided to get rid of your Ipad Mini and give the nexus i go.

Haha good man. Once they go droid they leave the apple void

nitrorea

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
OK, good...that's kind of what I was thinking but I just wanted to make sure. I've been sitting here reading post after post about how nothing works. Feel better now that the stock version will work just fine.

gmonkey88

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
No problems with my little slate of joy. All of the apps that I need are working great. The new keyboard is awesome. I have no complaints.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

gigabitex2

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah..4 yes 4 new iPads are under the tree for my family this holiday and it kills me a little inside!(o.k a lot!) My niece, nephew sister and mom are all apple sheep. I am the black sheep and will ALWAYS run android! The n7 is a lil beast and I love it, I'm rooted and was running twrp With stock ROM and custom kernel. No issues with the device or the updates. My biggest issue right now is I want to order the nexus4 but the bloody thing is out of stock and will be for sometime to come :(

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I have had my Nexus 7 for about a month now. I love it! I have had zero problems with it. Oh, I am stock by the way. From what I have read on here, a lot of the problems were early on problems. Remember you can always return it within your grace period if you find something wrong with it. Just be sure to find out what the return policy is before you buy it. Then buy it and test the heck out of it within that period (smile).

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah..4 yes 4 new iPads are under the tree for my family this holiday and it kills me a little inside!(o.k a lot!) My niece, nephew sister and mom are all apple sheep. I am the black sheep and will ALWAYS run android! The n7 is a lil beast and I love it, I'm rooted and was running twrp With stock ROM and custom kernel. No issues with the device or the updates. My biggest issue right now is I want to order the nexus4 but the bloody thing is out of stock and will be for sometime to come :(

Yeah studies have shown that most apple users are women. I wanted the nexus 4 also but my problem is the no LTE capability. So I am waiting till they fix that then it will be an amazing phone. I am eyeing the DNA right now.

gigabitex2

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
A little off topic but some have had success getting LTE to work on their nexus4's not a huge issue for me as I'm on WiFi 90% of the time anyway.

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
A little off topic but some have had success getting LTE to work on their nexus4's not a huge issue for me as I'm on WiFi 90% of the time anyway.

Thats weird. A lot of reviews said it was not compatiable with it. Well if thats the case I might look more into it and see if people are picking it up on VZ

philba

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
First an N7 report. I have 2 N7s and both have been flawless. Good build quality and no network issues.

Also, I gave (well, am giving) 4 N7s for christmas. Before wrapping them up, I checked them out - no build issues, all charged properly and all connected to my network (I updated them to 4.2.1).

Now, about forums. Few people will come onto a forum to say that their product works the way it should. So you will see a lot more negative comments than is representative of the broad population of devices. You will never find a product with zero negative comments.

You should look at online reviews rather than forums to determine whether the product is well liked or not. One seller (ABT electronics) has about 2500 reviews of the N7, about 90% are either a 4 or 5 (out of 5). Another Negri has around 2000 reviews with similar ratings. This is very high for user reviews, indicating the vast majority of users are very happy with the product.

Johdan

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Oki, here goes :)
Not been using my N7 16gb that much (Apple fan that want to try Android now).
I have already experienced a few irritating problems with the N7 though.
1. When I have the device in a casem the lock screen just flashes when I try to login. It takes me in and after a milisecond it locks the screen again, prompting for password or swipe. I can not find out why this happens, the case is not pressing any buttons or anything. Sometimes I get in but then I get kicked out to the logon screen again after some time. As if it were a glitch or something.
2. Theres one S/N on the back of the device (sticker) and a completely different one in the settings under device -> status. Not even the same amount of digits. One of S/N is for registering the device at asus.com and another one that tech support uses?? The one on the sticker is not recognized on asus.com and the one in the system is not recognized by their tech support. You are not able to register the device from the device on asus.com. Need of a computer for that.... Just makes the entire experience less attractive compared to other brands. I know, this is not the actual N7?s problem but rather the producer, Asus
3. Battery. I simply eats battery life this one. Could be that I havnt charged it more than perhaps 5 times already.
4. Turns off. When I havnt used the device for some time, it wont wake up by pressing the power button. I found out that holding it in for some 15 seconds will kick start it. And it works.
However, it should not turn off by it self just like that. The battery is well above half full when this happens. It have happend a few times now after I have left it for a few days.
I bought it 2012/10/20 in the US so it might be something with the fresh air we have in Sweden causing these problems:)

I havnt given up hope yet, still think it is a great product, perfect form factor at a reasonable price.

pfunnyjoy

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I am quite happy with the Nexus 7 I will be giving my husband for Xmas. If he decides he wants a different tablet *I* will keep it!

It's very nice! I did a factory reset before updating the OS to 4.2.1 and a reset after and I am not having any notable problems so far. Did get some flicker while updating two Google apps yesterday at an AT&T hotspot, but that issue did not repeat this morning when I connected via my mifi device.

Battery life has been great, charging is quick, device runs very smooth. I created a user today, that also worked. Bluetooth has worked OK for me with headphones, that's all I've got to test with it.

No screen issues, device seems very should and good and worthy of the good reviews it is getting.

Of course it is a good idea to purchase where you get a decent return period so you can check it out and be sure you are pleased and have a good device. That's why I'm running it through its paces, don't want a Christmas disappointment for hubby.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note (Thing Two).

MalachyNG

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I pre-ordered my Nexus 7 right after it was announced - got it in July and it was so awesome I wound up getting myself a galaxy nexus because stock jelly bean was so much better than the motoblur on my droid 3 (not to mention the promise of updates!). My wife has a galaxy nexus now too and all 3 devices work flawlessly together.

The Nexus 7 actually convinced me to buy a tablet. I thought the iPads, Transformer Primes and Galaxy Tabs were too expensive while the Nook Colors and Kindle Fires were too hampered because of the costs. As soon as I saw the N7 it was exactly what I needed to at least give tablets a try - $200, stock android, great specs. It totally won me over.

I do have a unit with the screen lift - the DIY tricks don't really work. But each new N7 has a 1 year warranty so I guess it's not even a big deal for you to worry about. If it bothers you you can have it fixed. For me, I don't notice unless I feel like pressing down on the left side. Everything else about it is perfectly fine and it is a joy to use

sr2012

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
No issues so far for me especially with 4.2 rooted. I'm a new switcher to Android and it's pretty impressive so far. Never thought I could go so many weeks without missing my iOS devices.