Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help with new Nexus 7 JB update

I purchased 2 nexus 7 tablets for my 6 year old twins for Christmas. I'm setting things up to have them ready for them to open and start enjoying.
    However, one tablet is ready to go, but the other failed to update to jelly bean. It downloaded the update but its not installing it after reboot. While it downloaded I noticed the little android fella while his stomach was open standing up, but than I noticed him on his back and his stomach was red!!! Does anyone know what this means?? The first tablet downloaded, rebooted and automatically installed jelly bean. This one nothing. Its still on 4.1. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Help with new Nexus 7 JB update

So I tried to do a factory reset. This is what its doing, its downloading jelly bean with the green fellow standing and his stomach open and the green thing spinning, than a few seconds later he falls on the floor with a red explanation mark in his stomach!! What the @%$# is that all about? Does any one have a clue? I'm just going to send it back and get a new one.

Sounds like to me that you are out of luck my friend. You got a DOA (dead on arrival). It happens to the best of us. Could be a bad file in the actual bootloader and factory reset doesnt help because the file is missing. Now one question did itturn on and go to home screen or did you never see homescreen?
    Rooted and flashed: HTC EVO 4, Motorola Photon 4, Motorola Razr Maxx, Nexus 7, DROID MAXX, Sony Xperia Z2 (tablet), and LG G3 (Verizon)
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

it did go to the home screen like nothing happened. I'm on ICS and its working just fine. But can't update to JB

Quote Originally Posted by mvp4him3 View Post
    Sounds like to me that you are out of luck my friend. You got a DOA (dead on arrival). It happens to the best of us. Could be a bad file in the actual bootloader and factory reset doesnt help because the file is missing. Now one question did itturn on and go to home screen or did you never see homescreen?
    it doesnt means its dead it means the recovery is corrupted or missing.

Quote Originally Posted by andonakis View Post
    it did go to the home screen like nothing happened. I'm on ICS and its working just fine. But can't update to JB
    do you know how to unlock bootloader? i would recommend factory restore the recovery or factory restore OS and recovery.
    then lock the boot loader.

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    it doesnt means its dead it means the recovery is corrupted or missing.
    Thats why I asked if he had success starting it up and got to the ICS homescreen. Because if he had that problem from the beggining then it is DOA
    Rooted and flashed: HTC EVO 4, Motorola Photon 4, Motorola Razr Maxx, Nexus 7, DROID MAXX, Sony Xperia Z2 (tablet), and LG G3 (Verizon)