Should someone like me Root?

M1grande

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
hey everyone, i am about to get a nexus 7, and i am thinking about rooting. i am kinda scared though. the only device i ever hacked was my psp. i dont really know what the benefit to rooting is either. i dont care to flash roms whatsoever. i do want to use ps3 controllers wirelessly though. i have an Iq of 133, not trying to brag, but if i do enough research, should someone like me be able to root it easily? i have a fear of ruining it right when i get it, which is why im on the fence
and aside from all the hackneyed, what can i do with a rooted nexus

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
All I can say is follow the steps and you will be fine. Rooting gives you a lot of options that you wouldnt have regularly. Like file access, roms that have been made to better your device in every way possible. You say you wont flash roms but I can tell you from exp. that it is worth it when you see the finished product.

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Eyes M1grande suspiciously .......

Yes, you certainly should root !!

[ LOL --- read up on it here at least and then proceed if you like...]

1andylock

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
It was a simple question. What benefits do you get. Surely you can make us a list. Anybody?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
It was a simple question. What benefits do you get. Surely you can make us a list. Anybody?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

You get to use apps that require root access. That's all root is, elevated permissions which you grant to certain apps which require them. There are literally hundreds of threads and articles on AC written detailing what apps rooted users use and explaining in more detail what rooting is and if you should consider it. Do a search and you'll find plenty of info :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

parchping

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
hey everyone, i am about to get a nexus 7, and i am thinking about rooting. i am kinda scared though. the only device i ever hacked was my psp. i dont really know what the benefit to rooting is either. i dont care to flash roms whatsoever. i do want to use ps3 controllers wirelessly though. i have an Iq of 133, not trying to brag, but if i do enough research, should someone like me be able to root it easily? i have a fear of ruining it right when i get it, which is why im on the fence
and aside from all the hackneyed, what can i do with a rooted nexus

Why in the world do you want to root?

WannaBeYou

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I rooted in order to be able to tether my lap top to my phone without paying for mobile hotspot. I see there are some apps that let you do unrooted but they don't seem as reliable as switchpro widget. Maybe they are, but still, this is why I rooted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36