Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Noob in need of help

Im completely new to Android thingy and I have had my new Asus Google Nexus 7 for 3 days. It came with the Ultimate App Pack 2 and even with my pee brain I'm pretty sure I downloaded all the apps I wanted because they're all listed under the App Drawer "DOWNLOAD". but they're not installed. When I click any of them in the list a message pops up saying "can't open file". What didn't I do and how do I do it, ....any help here in easy to understand instructions would be vewry much appreciated.

TIA

Default Re: Noob in need of help

Not sure I understand. You did set up a Google account and did download all of your apps from the Google play store? They should be in your app drawer not in your download section. Haven't heard of the ultimate app pack. If you've downloaded apk files from outside the play store you may need to use easy installer or something like that. Good luck.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Try: Settings/ Security/ Unknown Sources [::toggle check-mark ON::]
    Then try an app install again...
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by mr_nobody View Post
    Thats exactly what I need but I checked everywhere in PLAY STORE and I didn't see any file manager. I still have a ton of those lil' arrows at the top of the display just waiting to be installed.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Zapflashgone View Post
    Try: Settings/ Security/ Unknown Sources [::toggle check-mark ON::]
    Then try an app install again...
    Thats how I got them downloaded from Avanquest.com but it doesn't install them but thanks anyway.

I don't want to sound jerky but if you are new to Android, why did you start by sideloading apps instead of downloading them from the play store? Most apps are free anyway.

BTW file manager could be a number of apps. Try Astro file manager

Try ES File Explorer from the Google play store. You need to locate the apk files for these apps in a download folder. I'm baffled as to why you would not download apps directly from the play store unless they are all legitimate pro versions. Did your n7 come from the home shopping network?

I just looked through the avanquest site and it all looks like bloatware to me. Looks like some kind of bundle scam. Can you name an app from this bundle that you really want installed?
    Thanked by:
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by repligation View Post
    Try ES File Explorer from the Google play store. You need to locate the apk files for these apps in a download folder. I'm baffled as to why you would not download apps directly from the play store unless they are all legitimate pro versions. Did your n7 come from the home shopping network?

I just looked through the avanquest site and it all looks like bloatware to me. Looks like some kind of bundle scam. Can you name an app from this bundle that you really want installed?
    Yes it did come from (HSN) shopping network and those Apps were included in some bundle. Actually there is nothing that is that important that I need to have and loading fromm all the free Apps in the store is easy. I guess I can restore it to default and get rid of all those pesky downloads.

Quote Originally Posted by darkoman4 View Post
    BTW file manager could be a number of apps. Try Astro file manager
    I give that a try and thanks to all for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by inneed View Post
    I guess I can restore it to default and get rid of all those pesky downloads.
    Yes, do this! Then download only what you think will be useful, not what some company tells you that you should have. But if you need some suggestions for starter apps, here's what I've previously posted: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=2425995