How to sync with MS Outllook

groberts0

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I use a personal copy of MS Outlook on my laptop for 99% of e-mail requirements + calendar + contacts. Now I have an N7, can this be synced to MS Outlook without causing any undue problems?

I can get to my e-mails already on the N7 using BT-Yahoo but would like to import/sync the calendar and contacts from the N7 if possible; my biggest worry is it sets up some sort of conflict and messes up MS Outlook, in which case I won't bother. Thanks.

Minkey1

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Interested in this. If the N7 is connected to your laptop, can you use the BT Yahoo to import calendar/contacts (from the lappy's Outlook)? Not sure about sync'ing the two though.

paulinVA

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I have my email set up as a pop3 account on the tablet and it works fine. Just have your notebook leave mail on the server for a day or two before deleting it.

I use google calendar synch on my notebook to sync the oiutlook calendar with my google calendar and then just use the google calendar on my nexus 7. You can set it to update rather quickly. I don't synch tasks.

paulinVA

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Well, that sucks!

Google Apps for Business will still do it. but, my company doesn't use Google Apps.

So, it turns out I can't ditch my BlackBerry for an Android phone. I have to have my calendar on my phone. It's nice to have it on the tablet, but it HAS to be on my phone. How utterly stupid to do this.

Edited - okay, I found this: Seems to do the job... Share Outlook Calendar Free, Google Calendar Sync, Pocket Outlook Google Sync - SyncMyCal

Last edited:

groberts0

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
FYI in the end I have resorted to purchasing Android-Sync ($29.95) which seems to work very well - including contacts + tasks + notes = result!
Thanks for everyone's thoughts, as usual, it's never simple and, in this case, not helped by Google stopping Google Calendar Sync.