Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy creating a new photo album

I look to the rest of the forums but I couldn't find a topic on this. sorry if it's already there. Can someone help me set up a new photo album on the Nexus 7. And if possible add a password to each album individually or at least suggest an app? Thank you!

Default Re: creating a new photo album

Quote Originally Posted by xRebelRevolverX View Post
    I look to the rest of the forums but I couldn't find a topic on this. sorry if it's already there. Can someone help me set up a new photo album on the Nexus 7. And if possible add a password to each album individually or at least suggest an app? Thank you!
    You really should browse the Google Play store and other app repositories, read some reviews, and try out some likely candidates. I have no personal experience with any of these but this one looks like what you might be interested in.

Photo Gallery (Fish Bowl) https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=search_result
    Thanked by:

I have a question about photo's also but I can't seem to start a thread? Maybe I need a post count?

Quote Originally Posted by n7xrd View Post
    I have a question about photo's also but I can't seem to start a thread? Maybe I need a post count?
    you might as well go ahead and post here - someone will see it and respond
    ...probably

Quote Originally Posted by bigtroutz View Post
    you might as well go ahead and post here - someone will see it and respond
    ...probably
    I hate to hijack someones thread..

LOL

this one is dead apparently he posted, I answered the question....done. is not a problem if you cant start a thread, this will do fine...

Ok I set up Tonido personal cloud on my server have the App from them I'm not sure is there a way to show thumbnails of the photo's right now all I get is a funny folder picture..I can click each photo and view it no problem but that is a pain to do all the time...maybe I need another App also?? On my Iphone it shows the thumbnails like it should..

sounds to me you need to configure the program ...something in settings needs to be toggled likely but i never have used that particular app. i would poke around until you find something to set

You can just use a simple file manager app like ES File Explorer and enable it to connect to your LAN, point it at your photos folders as well...but there are a ton of free programs to do all this. If you can't get Tonido to run the way you like, dump it and try another....rinse repeat...

edit
    Have you tried QuickPic?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...GljRm9sZGVyIl0.
    Last edited by bigtroutz; 12-26-2012 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtroutz View Post
    sounds to me you need to configure the program ...something in settings needs to be toggled likely but i never have used that particular app. i would poke around until you find something to set

You can just use a simple file manager app like ES File Explorer and enable it to connect to your LAN, point it at your photos folders as well...but there are a ton of free programs to do all this. If you can't get Tonido to run the way you like, dump it and try another....rinse repeat...
    Ha Ok thanks I'll look a little deeper I didn't see a setting for this maybe the dump and rinse is the plan to use!!

Quote Originally Posted by xRebelRevolverX View Post
    F-Stop Media Gallery can do all the things you mentioned and more.

Not only can it create albums and provide password protection but it also allows you to tag and rate them as well. It can do lots of other great organizational things like smart albums and nested albums but you can read all about that on the Google Play link.

EDIT: It is also optimized for tablets so it will look great on your Nexus 7!