Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By repligation
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New Nexus Concerns

hey everyone, today i am going to get a Nexus 7 32gb from my grandparents as a christmas present. i dont know where they got it from, and i am concerned about the issues people have been having with the chargers not working or the nexus shutting down. are there any precautions i can take to avoid those problems? also, what is the best file explorer for the nexus?

Default Re: New Nexus Concerns

Congrats on the new Xmas present! While there has been more than a few issues with quality control of the N7, they are generally far and few between..... I can only speak for myself when I tell you that the first N7 I purchased, I had speaker problems. I called Google, and they replaced it for me without any problems....The replacement unit that they sent has had "zero" problems! If you Grandparents purchased it from a retail store......most retailers have a 15 to 30 day return policy, so just put it through it's paces and if there are problems, I'm sure that they will crop up within that time......Good luck, and enjoy your new tablet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

Almost forgot....... What I use for a file explorer is an app called "file manager" Works fine for my needs, and is free in the Play Store.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

I prefer ES File Explorer. I have been using it for two years--Easy interface for LAN and Cloud with access to dropbox, drive, skydrive, etc.,

Astro is also popular.

If you are willing to pay, File Xplorer has a very nice dual pane feature that is great for tablets. I'm a bit of a freetard so I have never actually used ithis one.
    Thanked by:
    mr_nobody and mathelm like this.

I mostly use Solid Explorer. It's now out of beta (though was pretty polished while in beta) and costs a couple bucks after the 14 day trial, but it's one of the most feature packed ones and looks great on the N7. I also use ES File Explorer.

Your grandparents will probably provide a gift receipt, but if not, just ask them where they bought it. They'll likely have the original receipt and surely will assist you in the exchange in the unlikely event that it's necessary.

Refer to this post http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=2411879 for suggestions on how to check your N7 for problems immediately after you receive it. This was in response to someone buying a used N7, so it's a little bit of overkill, but worth a look.

If your grandparents would like to adopt another grandchild for purposes of N7 gifting, let me know and I'll provide my contact information.
    Thanked by 3: