Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Ringing Noise

Every minute or so a ringing noise goes off on my Nexus 7 - I presume it's a reminder on an app but cannot track it down + it is driving me mad!!! Any ideas how to locate the culprit please?

Default Re: Ringing Noise

It could be a recent app you installed or possibly the NFC chip reacting to something like an electronic key card, student ID or really anything with an rfid chip

My nexus 7 does the NFC tone when it's near my college ID

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Does a notification show up on the notification bar?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

If you mean the bar along the top, there is no notification. I've looked at the calendar, which had reminders and similar funtions but without result. It continues, occasionally, even when sleeping. Only turning it off stops the ringing.

Make sure NFC is turned off, as previously suggested. Do you have any timer apps installed. If so, check for alarm settings. Also, in settings check which apps are active to perhaps lead you in the right direction.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I turned off NFC + went through the calendar reminder again and it seems to have settled down, except, when I did download an App it rang. No problem as I was aware what the event was but whatever else had been setting it off was still unclear. Is there no way that if a reminder / alarm etc goes off attention is not drawn to the actual culprit? Otherwise you are just left to fish around to find the issue, or not.