I love my Nexus 7 but ..

SonDan

Jan 27, 2011
oldschoolmusiclover.com
Subject line says I love my new N7. It is miles and miles ahead of my very first misplaced tablet -- the original orphaned Samsung Galaxy Tab 7inch running Froyo.

But there is one tiny negative for me -- I really, really miss having the oh so handy rear facing camera.

Anyone else miss it?

Anyone else have a Pet Peeve about this otherwise wonderful tablet?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

dnightangel

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I really don't miss it since everyone these days have their phone close by to use as a camera anyway. Plus think if they included the camera the price for the nexus 7 wouldn't be the bargain it is now

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

weebeesteve

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes I wish there was a rear camera. But I have a camera on my phone. And if I know I'm going to be needing to take a picture I'll either bring my camera. Or use my Galaxy 7"

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't miss it. Frankly, I think it looks a little silly when I see people taking pictures or filming something using a giant tablet like an iPad.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it's a small negative. I doubt I would use it for general picture taking, as my N7 rarely leaves the house (and if it did, uh, still wouldn't use it). But once in awhile there's something of which I want to take a quick photo around the house, to use as an attachment in an email or similar. A rear camera would make this much easier. Also, when talking on Skype, I sometimes want the person on the other end to see something other than me, and this is more difficult to do with only a front camera.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I don't miss it. Frankly, I think it looks a little silly when I see people taking pictures or filming something using a giant tablet like an iPad.

I think it looks more than "a little silly" when people take pics with tablets. I think it looks extremely f-ing stupid.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't miss a rear camera on a tablet. I have a cheap Android phone that has a 5MP camera and if I take a picture it syncs with Goggle + account in the cloud and then G+ syncs that picture to my N7 at some point. The N7 screen is washed out in sunlight so it isn't that good a camera in the sun. The tiny tablet lens isn't very good at night and would need a flash for close ups. At least my cell phone camera has a flash that good for 6 feet only.

I was at Disney World this week and saw a few people taking picture of fire works at night with their big 10" iPad. Sorry it just looks funny holding a big 10" tablet saying cheese with Mickey and the kids.... It was silly that someone would go to the park with a 10" iPad to take pictures like they don't have cell phone that could do the job. Also, if I wanted to take pictures of fireworks at night I would use a real camera that has a real lens that works a 1000 times better at night than either a cell phone or a tablet camera with those tiny lens.

Last edited:

repligation

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I do miss a rear camera, I bought the N7 as family tablet and my kids love to take pictures and I constantly take pictures of them.

having said that, the camera is also a distraction. when left with our old smartphones, our kids will fill the sdcard with pictures of couch cushions, television stills, and blurs of whatnot.

as mentioned above, I usually have my phone handy when I want to take a picture, so it is never really an issue--just a grass is always greener thing.

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Can't miss what I never had besides my Nexus 4 has a pretty decent camera. I'd feel strange taking a picture with a tablet anyway.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

SonDan

Jan 27, 2011
oldschoolmusiclover.com
I really don't miss it since everyone these days have their phone close by to use as a camera anyway. Plus think if they included the camera the price for the nexus 7 wouldn't be the bargain it is now

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

See I do not have a smart phone with camera. I still am using my dumb flip phone. :eek:

I always carry my tablet and now I am sure to have my Canon point and shoot with me at all times.

Sent from my YP-GI1 using Tapatalk 2

SonDan

Jan 27, 2011
oldschoolmusiclover.com
Yes it may look silly, Diddy and Ultra, if you use it as a main camera but in a pinch it is great to have if an opportunity arises and you do not hsve a smart phone with camera.

Last edited:

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
There is no point of having a camera on a tablet. It would be nice if it had a micro SD card slot though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Is there anything in particular you would like to see added to the next edition of the Nexus 7 Paul?

A higher resolution screen would be a nice addition to the next edition. They could skip the rear camera again and I wouldn't mind. Gotta keep the cost down, somehow.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR i

mathelm

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I think the "Micro" in those links refer to their size and not their plug....

867625.jpg

A-Data-DashDrive-Durable-UD310-Black.jpg

Found one...

Force Media JF-UFDP4S ? a dual-connector USB ...

Only can't find a place to buy it....

dual-USB-flash-drive.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12