Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Pembar's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

    Default Internal Storage and Astro File Manager

    I download a lot of youtube videos which I then convert and upload manually to the Nexus. On my blackberry I would just plug it in and the SD-Card will pop up as a drive and I can just navigate to the directory on windows to copy the files there. Using the Nexus 7 tablet I managed to copy the files to the Internal Storage on the Nexus 7 /download folder. What baffles me is that when I create some directories using the Astro File manager, they don't show up on windows when plugged into my laptop. I tried refreshing and it doesn't show up either.

    It doesn't seem like the Astro File Manager and the Internal Storage folder on windows when plugged in are synced together. Is this normal? And how should I go about syncing them up? Thanks.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Internal Storage and Astro File Manager

    Quote Originally Posted by Pembar View Post
    I download a lot of youtube videos which I then convert and upload manually to the Nexus. On my blackberry I would just plug it in and the SD-Card will pop up as a drive and I can just navigate to the directory on windows to copy the files there. Using the Nexus 7 tablet I managed to copy the files to the Internal Storage on the Nexus 7 /download folder. What baffles me is that when I create some directories using the Astro File manager, they don't show up on windows when plugged into my laptop. I tried refreshing and it doesn't show up either.

    It doesn't seem like the Astro File Manager and the Internal Storage folder on windows when plugged in are synced together. Is this normal? And how should I go about syncing them up? Thanks.
    There are a couple of things going on here. One is that there is a phantom folder structure on the N7 now for multiple users. The second is that Astro File Manager's default view is not conducive to displaying things like Windows Explorer does.

    The quick fix is to download and use another file manager like ES File Explorer, X-plore, or File Expert where the default view more closely resembles what you are used to. There is no reason why you can not have more than one of these kinds of apps available at the same time.

    Another thing you can do is route your files into more appropriate storage locations; the default folder for videos is \Movies and there are default folders names \Books, \Music, \Pictures, etc.

    ES File Explorer https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...Ryb2lkLnBvcCJd
    X-Plore https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...cy5YcGxvcmUiXQ..
    etc.

    You might also want to try out AirDroid which lets you control such things entirely from a browser page on your PC.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...mFpcmRyb2lkIl0.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Pembar's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

    Default Re: Internal Storage and Astro File Manager

    Thanks for the reply. The other thing I like having with Astro is that I am able to create a widget / shortcut directly to the directory I like. I can't seem to find the corresponding widget ES File Explorer, maybe I'm missing something?
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Internal Storage and Astro File Manager

    Quote Originally Posted by Pembar View Post
    Thanks for the reply. The other thing I like having with Astro is that I am able to create a widget / shortcut directly to the directory I like. I can't seem to find the corresponding widget ES File Explorer, maybe I'm missing something?
    Load ES File Explorer, long press on the folder/file you want to create a shortcut to and select "Shortcut".

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    Pembar's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

    Default Re: Internal Storage and Astro File Manager

    Quote Originally Posted by retsaw View Post
    Load ES File Explorer, long press on the folder/file you want to create a shortcut to and select "Shortcut".

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Awesome Thanks!
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Internal Storage and Astro File Manager

    I use the app Tubemate to download YouTube vids directly to the N7. It works very well.

Similar Threads

  1. ASTRO File Manager and Dropbox anyone?
    By petefromphilly in forum ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity 700
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-21-2013, 01:25 PM
  2. Astro File Manager - Reinstall Apps Problems
    By RoyHobbs in forum Android Apps
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-18-2010, 11:24 AM
  3. Astro File Manager
    By rjbeck77 in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-17-2010, 07:45 AM
  4. Astro File Manager Date Format
    By rvandroid in forum HTC Droid Eris
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-21-2010, 01:33 PM
  5. Astro File Manager not Moving/Copying Files
    By kilofoxtrot in forum HTC Droid Eris
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-18-2010, 05:35 PM

Posting Permissions