Got my NEXUS 7!!

Sento

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
you mean 4.2.1?? I would say update it. the worst that could happen is you have to do a factory reset to fix issues.
better do it now than later when its ok to do a factory reset.

google updated to 4.2 and then they have an update to 4.2.1.

here is the first thing i did when i got my Nexus 4 and nexus 10.

connected to wifi but didn't login with my gmail id and password.
updated the software to latest(twice, there were two updates) factory reset it and then logged in as normal.
No issues what so ever so far.

So if i factory reset it will go back to 4.1.1 or whatever?

because

Thanks, BTW if I do a factory reset, (I'm not rooted or anything) will it take me back to 4.1.1? I don't mind if it does, just curious.

Nope. It'll just delete all the data on it, making it just like it's fresh out of the box.

Sent from the cockpit of Gurren Lagann

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Got a few of the N7s here as well. Just one question....how do you get to settings so screen rotates when you turn on side? I can't seem to find the proper setting.
Swipe down from the right upper side to pull down the quick settings menu. Tap the Auto Rotate icon to lock/unlock screen rotation.

Keep in mind that some apps force rotation even if rotation for the N7 is locked. Other apps just don't rotate even if rotation is enabled. And other apps just go with the flow! For controlling how individual apps rotate, and even to force a non-rotating app to rotate, install the Ultimate Rotation Control app.

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Also, how is file managing when you plug it into a computer? On my Optimus V I would wipe the delete stuff on the SD card a lot, and I don't want to accidentally delete something on my n7 and have it stop working. thanks
Assuming you're using a PC, it's pretty much like exploring any drive on your computer using Windows Explorer. You always have to be careful about what you're moving around and deleting, even on your computer, but it's no more complex when browsing the N7. I don't think you have access to critical operating system files, so no worries there. Just stick with your media and document files, and you'll be fine.

By the way, an alternative to Windows Explorer is an app called AirDroid. This is a free app.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s/details?id=com.sand.airdroid&token=Z5Gvq6Ql

AirDroid let's you wirelessly control your N7 or any Android device using the internet browser on your computer (your computer and N7 must be on the same network). It provides a very nice and simple interface on your computer that basically lets you operate your N7 from your computer, including allowing you to wirelessly transfer files between your computer and Nexus 7, meaning no USB cable is used. The advantage is that the interface for doing this is even easier than using Windows Explorer. The disadvantage is that if you are transferring files, the transfer is slower than connecting with a USB cable.

Wouldchuk

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I've had this problem, but no reference of the 20% level, my battery registers 0% and I am just leaving it plugged in for a while to see what happens. I got the unit about 3 months ago, used it for a while and set it aside. Just tried to restart today, and there's no battery power. I came to this group via a Google search and currently just letting it charge. I wonder... the battery icon appeared for about 15 seconds and disappeared, so I am not sure if it is actually charging. Anyone know about this--no light "on" or other indication of "charging?"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36