Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Got my NEXUS 7!!

This December has been interesting! Been saving up all year for something cool tech wise - had a few thousand dollars

However I ended up with some medical bills and lose almost all my money

Spent what I had left on an ipad 3rd gen....but it was a lemon and I sent it back......didn't want to go through the hassle of repairs as I was fed up.

Checked out a few tablets here and there - was hoping for the nexus 7 but the 199$ was sold out - and I felt very iffy ordering anything online again (after the ipad hassle)

so a sad sento and my dad went browsing in the mall....and we stopped Walmart - and WOW they had the nexus 7 32 gb...yeah it was 249 full price - but I didn't mind....i decided to buy it! and i tell yeah this thing is awesome - it met all my expectations and even my dad loves it!

I am disappointed that it doesn't have a rear camera....anyone else? but who cares - it was meant for me, it chose me like harry potters wand chose him...and i shall treasure it!

so yeah life is tough, but every once in a while it throws you a break...still gotta lotta tension with financial issues (medical bills, insurance over payments - etc) but just trying to take it one day at a time, focus on the present - and taking things as they come and what I can do right NOW.

Default Re: Got my NEXUS 7!!

Enjoy yourself with it ... It's a quality machine. I love mine too. Happy holidays!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Welcome to the club.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR i
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by teefal View Post
    Enjoy yourself with it ... It's a quality machine. I love mine too. Happy holidays!

thanks!

whats this I'm hearing that if you let the battery go under 20% it turns off and goes into a boot loop?

Quote Originally Posted by Sento View Post
    thanks!

whats this I'm hearing that if you let the battery go under 20% it turns off and goes into a boot loop?
    I have heard of this but mine has never experienced this issue. I have a 16 GB version.

Has not happened to me. My nexus drained all the way down and no problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

To answer your question about the camera, I gave my son and grandson each an N7 32GB (I already had one), and neither one of them or myself miss the rear camera. Actually, I have no use for the camera that it has.

Don't focus on what it can't do. But what it can do!
    Loving mine from day one and only thing I don't really like is the speakers. Nice set of headphones, problem solved.

From my device to yours

I am disappointed that it doesn't have a rear camera....anyone else?
    No!

Sent from planet earth

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Never heard that that deforestation just plugged mine it was a low 6%.

Finally, you just got it.
    If you want to know something about flash player go to this blog flash-video-player.blogspot.com
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by nofiz View Post
    Never heard that that deforestation just plugged mine it was a low 6%.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...ss-screen.html

This is the issue I'm referring to.

And yeah you guys, plan to enjoy the heck out of device. I'm gonna use my phone as a hotspots tether and make the nexus my primary device on the go and on the couch ill use homes wifi.

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

Got my 32gb this morning. This Old guy felt like a kid agian

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Glad to hear you are happy with you n7. I like mine, but it is kind of glitchy compared to my iPad. Most of the issues I have are related to WiFi switching from access points.

Regarding the rear camera I never use the one on my iPad, so I can't imagine using one on the n7

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Which app is a good replacement for the "play movie and TV" App? I'm guessing that's the video player but I hate all the suggestions and the way it.is. I'd like a App that works on n7 that can play avi, MPEG and etc...

As for the music.player mine came loaded with a bunch of "free music" can I just delete them? Do y'all like the music play App or would u recommend something else?
    thanks

and yes to the delete part, I did...

Quote Originally Posted by jerrykur View Post
    Regarding the rear camera I never use the one on my iPad, so I can't imagine using one on the n7.
    True, you may never personally have a need, but consider this: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=2471616

To the OP, enjoy your N7 and here's hoping for a healthier and less financially straining 2013. Good luck!

Got a few of the N7s here as well. Just one question....how do you get to settings so screen rotates when you turn on side? I can't seem to find the proper setting.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Congrats!! If you need any help create a thread here. thousands of users to help.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

should I update to 4.1.2? I feel scared in case it screws up or something...

Also, how is file managing when you plug it into a computer? On my Optimus V I would wipe the delete stuff on the SD card a lot, and I don't want to accidentally delete something on my n7 and have it stop working.

thanks

should I update to 4.1.2? I feel scared in case it screws up or something...

Also, how is file managing when you plug it into a computer? On my Optimus V I would wipe the delete stuff on the SD card a lot, and I don't want to accidentally delete something on my n7 and have it stop working.

thanks
    you mean 4.2.1?? I would say update it. the worst that could happen is you have to do a factory reset to fix issues.
    better do it now than later when its ok to do a factory reset.

google updated to 4.2 and then they have an update to 4.2.1.

here is the first thing i did when i got my Nexus 4 and nexus 10.

connected to wifi but didn't login with my gmail id and password.
    updated the software to latest(twice, there were two updates) factory reset it and then logged in as normal.
    No issues what so ever so far.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    you mean 4.2.1?? I would say update it. the worst that could happen is you have to do a factory reset to fix issues.
    better do it now than later when its ok to do a factory reset.

google updated to 4.2 and then they have an update to 4.2.1.

here is the first thing i did when i got my Nexus 4 and nexus 10.

connected to wifi but didn't login with my gmail id and password.
    updated the software to latest(twice, there were two updates) factory reset it and then logged in as normal.
    No issues what so ever so far.

So if i factory reset it will go back to 4.1.1 or whatever?

because

Thanks, BTW if I do a factory reset, (I'm not rooted or anything) will it take me back to 4.1.1? I don't mind if it does, just curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by MangoPowah View Post
    Nope. It'll just delete all the data on it, making it just like it's fresh out of the box.

Sent from the cockpit of Gurren Lagann

Quote Originally Posted by zrxoa1 View Post
    Got a few of the N7s here as well. Just one question....how do you get to settings so screen rotates when you turn on side? I can't seem to find the proper setting.
    Swipe down from the right upper side to pull down the quick settings menu. Tap the Auto Rotate icon to lock/unlock screen rotation.

Keep in mind that some apps force rotation even if rotation for the N7 is locked. Other apps just don't rotate even if rotation is enabled. And other apps just go with the flow! For controlling how individual apps rotate, and even to force a non-rotating app to rotate, install the Ultimate Rotation Control app.
    Thanked by:
    zrxoa1 

So if i factory reset it will go back to 4.1.1 or whatever?

because
    if you update to 4.2.1 and do a factory reset it will remain in 4.2.1. the only thing that will be deleted is user data.

Also, how is file managing when you plug it into a computer? On my Optimus V I would wipe the delete stuff on the SD card a lot, and I don't want to accidentally delete something on my n7 and have it stop working. thanks
    Assuming you're using a PC, it's pretty much like exploring any drive on your computer using Windows Explorer. You always have to be careful about what you're moving around and deleting, even on your computer, but it's no more complex when browsing the N7. I don't think you have access to critical operating system files, so no worries there. Just stick with your media and document files, and you'll be fine.

By the way, an alternative to Windows Explorer is an app called AirDroid. This is a free app.

AirDroid let's you wirelessly control your N7 or any Android device using the internet browser on your computer (your computer and N7 must be on the same network). It provides a very nice and simple interface on your computer that basically lets you operate your N7 from your computer, including allowing you to wirelessly transfer files between your computer and Nexus 7, meaning no USB cable is used. The advantage is that the interface for doing this is even easier than using Windows Explorer. The disadvantage is that if you are transferring files, the transfer is slower than connecting with a USB cable.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast