Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 7 4.2 won't update

Whenever my Nexus 7 prompts me to update to 4.2, it begins to update, and then it shows the little droid character "dead" with an error sign. What's up with this?

Default Re: Nexus 7 4.2 won't update

if its new do this. factory restore OS. How-To Unlock Bootloader/Factory Restore/Root any NEXUS device

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Howell View Post
    Whenever my Nexus 7 prompts me to update to 4.2, it begins to update, and then it shows the little droid character "dead" with an error sign. What's up with this?
    Something is wrong with your recovery. Backup and try factory reset everything or use custom recovery and flash stock 4.2 ROM. Just my way there are probably simpler ways.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

I had the same issue. A factory reset didn't solve the problem. I ended up returning mine.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by 68laurieann View Post
    I had the same issue. A factory reset didn't solve the problem. I ended up returning mine.
    This is probably what I'll end up doing. The Walmart I got it at is 30 miles away and it's a bit inconvenient. This is the 2nd Nexus 7 I've gotten, I returned the other one because it had random stuff opening and flickering, screen freezing, etc. I'm about done with Nexus, they need to get it together and stop selling defective tablets.