1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How do I uninstall Chrome

I'm a noob. How do I uninstall chrome? I am having problems downloading some PDF files and I see in other posts that Chrome can be a problem. What browser do you recommend and where can I get it?

Default Re: How do I uninstall Chrome

Quote Originally Posted by entrancing1 View Post
    I'm a noob. How do I uninstall chrome? I am having problems downloading some PDF files and I see in other posts that Chrome can be a problem. What browser do you recommend and where can I get it?
    why do you want to uninstall chrome? just dont use it. download other browser and set it to default when prompted.
    uninstalling system app will cause issues. far more issue than having problem downloading pdf.

and btw, pdf files download fine for me on chrome.

other browsers, dolphin or firefox.

You can't uninstall it (unless you're rooted, I suppose) because it's built into the Android operating system. You can disable it by going into Settings > Apps > All > Chrome, and pressing Disable, though I wouldn't recommend that.

I've not had a problem downloading pdf's and opening them in 3rd party pdf readers (I use Adobe Acrobat Reader). However, it is true that the mobile version of Chrome cannot open a pdf from within the browser. I don't know of other browsers that can do this, as I've not had a need for that.

Just hold it down until it flashes, then drag it to the button at the top of the display.
    It disappears into the app file, not uninstalled or disabled... just gone from your app screen and you then go get a different browser in the GPlay store...

Sooooo... is it okay to uninstall Chrome in favor of Chrome-Beta to free up about 40MB (have root)?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by WOP_Drive View Post
    Sooooo... is it okay to uninstall Chrome in favor of Chrome-Beta to free up about 40MB (have root)?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Nope!!! chrome beta changes will come to chrome in a week or 2
    Thanked by: