- 48 Posts
Using the N7 Outside
My daughter wants to get her fiance a tablet that he can also use at his job. That means he may have to use it outside in bright sunlight. Has anyone had experience doing this on a regular basis? I have seen posts that auto setting for display is causing flickering problems (I just use mine inside and just have the display set low) so I don't know if that's a good option. They both have iPhones and she has a 10" iPad which is too big for him to carry around. She looked at the iPad mini but was not impressed with the larger size and price. Thanks in advance for any help figuring this out.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
- 12-25-2012, 09:47 PM #2
- 12-25-2012, 11:21 PM #3
- 12-26-2012, 12:16 AM #4
Re: Using the N7 Outside
The Auto Brightness flicker problem only occurs with some units--I've never had a problem with it. If it were to be a problem for your daughter's fiance, then it's pretty easy just to manually set the brightness using the Quick Settings menu that can be swiped down from the upper right of the screen.
Keep in mind that no matter what device you try, the screen will always be suboptimal in bright sunlight. Some are just worse than others.
- By quizryan in forum Google Nexus 7 (2012) AccessoriesReplies: 2Last Post: 08-03-2012, 10:23 PM
- By TnTexas in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 5Last Post: 07-20-2012, 12:58 PM
- By Scaz in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 10-09-2011, 06:33 AM
- By nadim92 in forum Thunderbolt Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 11Last Post: 03-22-2011, 11:09 AM
- By RBasil in forum Google / HTC Nexus OneReplies: 51Last Post: 04-29-2010, 09:13 AM