Using the N7 Outside

Tervz

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
My daughter wants to get her fiance a tablet that he can also use at his job. That means he may have to use it outside in bright sunlight. Has anyone had experience doing this on a regular basis? I have seen posts that auto setting for display is causing flickering problems (I just use mine inside and just have the display set low) so I don't know if that's a good option. They both have iPhones and she has a 10" iPad which is too big for him to carry around. She looked at the iPad mini but was not impressed with the larger size and price. Thanks in advance for any help figuring this out.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I'd say get the nexus 7 and a good case that protects the screen

Sent from my quad core powered Google Nexus 7, because two cores wasn't enough to satisfy my Android hunger

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The Auto Brightness flicker problem only occurs with some units--I've never had a problem with it. If it were to be a problem for your daughter's fiance, then it's pretty easy just to manually set the brightness using the Quick Settings menu that can be swiped down from the upper right of the screen.

Keep in mind that no matter what device you try, the screen will always be suboptimal in bright sunlight. Some are just worse than others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL