Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Flixster For Nexus 7

I have just got a nexus 7 for Christmas, along with some DVDs, which came with an Ultra Violet Digital Copy. I followed all of the steps, redeemed my UV copies and all, and am able to stream them on my laptop and nexus. However I want to be able to download them to my nexus as I purposely asked for the 32GB memory one so I can use it whilst travelling without an internet connection. However when I try to download it on my laptop, I cant see how to put it onto my nexus, and when I try to Download them directly onto my nexus using the flixster app, once the download is complete, it says 'Cannot play File' when in the gallery app, do i need to download another app to watch it in or am i right in going to the gallery to watch? Please help me?

Default Re: Flixster For Nexus 7

Ultra Violet Digital are DRM created by all those big movie companies. the main reason you cant move from PC to nexus and play is this DRM.
    that's why I try to avoid Ultra Violet Digital.

you should be able to play that movie from flixter itsel rather than using gallery app to play it.

also try MX player. i am sure it wont play but give it a shot.

I also use Flixster to stream and view the movies. There is an option on flixster to download the movie on the Nexus 7. It does work. All movies that I own and view thru flixster are able to be downloaded to whichever device you are using. I can download using the Nexus and my Galaxy S3.

The options available on Flixster using any device that can use a flixster app are. Watch Now. Download.

Flixster For Nexus 7-screenshot_2012-12-26-19-45-15.png

Here is a screen capture from my Galaxy S3. The Nexus 7 app is exactly the same...
    Last edited by markst; 12-26-2012 at 08:59 PM.

Having the same problem as the OP; Download from Flickster will not open! Streaming is fine but I want it offline!

Any other ideas?

I am having the same problem. I can stream from the flixster app at home just fine, but I can't watch the movie I downloaded. The flixster app doesn't work without an internet connection so when we are in the car I can't even find the movie I downloaded. Please help!!!

Strange. All my movies show up in the gallery...

I have the same problem. I can download the movies from Flixter and I can see the movies in my gallery. But when I try to play it I get the error message, "Can't play this video." I tried ising MX Player and Video Player and I get the same error. Anybody know why or if there is a fix or a codec I need to install to make this work?