Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 7 3g will not connect to 3 network but Wifi is ok help!!!

As tiltle says my new Nexus 7 3g will not connect to 3 network,I have a good signal 4 bars ,but nothing.On WiFi it's great,but dead on 3g nothing, am I missing something ?.Don't know much ,but the basics so be easy on me!. I even took it to the shop that supplied the mico sim and they couldn't do anything with it, the tablet knows the card is there and the 3 symblom is displayed at the bottom of the screen!!.Any ideas before I send it back???Cheers Andy

Default Re: Nexus 7 3g will not connect to 3 network but Wifi is ok help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy malton View Post
    As tiltle says my new Nexus 7 3g will not connect to 3 network,I have a good signal 4 bars ,but nothing.On WiFi it's great,but dead on 3g nothing, am I missing something ?.Don't know much ,but the basics so be easy on me!. I even took it to the shop that supplied the mico sim and they couldn't do anything with it, the tablet knows the card is there and the 3 symblom is displayed at the bottom of the screen!!.Any ideas before I send it back???Cheers Andy
    worth checking the APN, also how are you seeing icons on bottom of the tablet. Nexus 7 has phone like interface and icon will only appear on the top.

Have you activated the card with your wireless provider? You didn't mention in your post what company you are using. I just wanted to make sure that you have done that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    Android Addict

ROM
    Stock rooted 4.1.2 JB

Quote Originally Posted by Dubg View Post
    Have you activated the card with your wireless provider? You didn't mention in your post what company you are using. I just wanted to make sure that you have done that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Ditto to what Dubg asked.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    @Android_Lee
    Galaxy Note III
    KitKat 4.4 Stock
    Nexus 5
    KitKat 4.4 Stock
    Nexus 7
    KitKat 4.4 Stock Rooted
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I have checked that it is up and running when I took it back and they said yes !! and I have just checked APN !! and it says 3connect thats who I am with !! anything else to check ???

Andy, I have exactly the same issue except I'm with giffgaff network.... I've got signal bars but but no internet connection
    Did you find a solution to your problem yet ? if so please share it...
    Thanks Steve

Same issue here with ee (T-Mobile), they couldn't sort it in the shop either. Now on 2nd registered sim & still no connection. Any ideas?

i know it sounds silly but when i had the same problem the solution was to put in the field apn type "default"
    At least it worked for me, I hope this helps
    Nexus 7 3g 32GB

How on earth you could figure it out that by entering 'default' it works? It worked for me too. Thanks a million. Worth trying: Go to mobile network settings--->Access point names---->click + sign on top, and enter default for name and next field. Good luck everyone.