Cannot Connect to Server

KC28

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I just got my second Nexus 7 last night. It came with 4.1.2 and upgraded to 4.2 shortly after I set it up. I setup my email (@comcast.net) and everything was working fine. This morning I go to check the email and it says it cannot connect to server. I've tried deleting and re-creating the account and going into the settings to make sure the port numbers and security setting were correct. No matter what I do I get the same result. Can anyone help me?

iHelpYouShy

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
There has been many complaints about that issue. When it happens to me, I just simply click retry then exit gmail and restart. I'm not sure, but I think you might need a gmail account when you set up your Nexus 7. I could be wrong though.

Chuck Lantz

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with my Nexus 7, using a Hover email account. It worked fine after I finally found out how to install it. (the Google Nexus instructions were useless, but I found the answer in one of the forums)

But this morning after opening my email on the Nexus, I saw the same connection problem message. It would be nice if those messages had some details. I changed to auto-sync in the settings, but it still won't connect. I'll wait to see if your plan works. I did open a new G-Mail account, since the Nexus insists on making me do it, but the Hover account is still set as the primary. Pushing the manual email sync button doesn't work.