Nexus 7 or Nexus 10?

D Mac

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I guess the real question should be, how much better is the Nexus 10 over the Nexus 7 in terms of a cost-benefit ratio?

- - - Updated - - -

I guess the real question should be, how much better is the Nexus 10 over the Nexus 7 in terms of a cost-benefit ratio?
Owning both I wouldn't really say the 10 is significantly better than the 7. If it comes down to price then get the 7. The bigger screen on the 10 is great. Also the better speakers. And the HDMI out is very handy. Although typing on the 7 is better and faster. Also if you use your tablet on the go the 7's portability can't be beat.

trainplane

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I have both an iPad and a Nexus 7. Now everyone uses their tablets a different way, but for me, the iPad hardly gets used since it's not really any more portable than my laptop and the laptop does much more (such as quickly typing this reply while attached to a 27" monitor). The Nexus 7 I've used as a one handed eReader, a game device, an alarm clock, and walk around Skype device. Yes, you can do all that with your smartphone but I found the 7" size is much better than a smallish phone. The phone is better for earphones involved tasks such as making calls and listening to music/podcasts. Phones are pocketable, Nexus 7 is jacket pocketable and 10" tablets are not pocketable at all unless you have clown pockets. But honestly, I just find the 10" size to be redundant if you have a decent laptop.

CGleas85

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
IMO the nex 7 will fill a completely different niche for you 1. Low price range 2. Portability 3. Android exploration 4. Excellent hardware. If you get the nexus 7 and decide you do like android there will be something else in a few months . I think it is a good cheap jump to try a new os or ecosys. I think if you get the nexus 10 it will be directly compete with your iPad and who wants that just have the nexus for outside and iPad for inside. My point is you will find more uses for the 7

socialcarpet

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
IMO the nex 7 will fill a completely different niche for you 1. Low price range 2. Portability 3. Android exploration 4. Excellent hardware. If you get the nexus 7 and decide you do like android there will be something else in a few months . I think it is a good cheap jump to try a new os or ecosys. I think if you get the nexus 10 it will be directly compete with your iPad and who wants that just have the nexus for outside and iPad for inside. My point is you will find more uses for the 7

This is a great point. I had a miserable experience with an Android that left such a bad taste in my mouth that I swore off Android for a year. Now I have a Windows Phone, which I love, but I wanted a tablet. The low cost of entry and the confidence of having a Nexus device free of OEM garbage and questionable upgrade possibilities was enough incentive for me to give Android another try and I'm glad I did.

Eduardo06sp

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I'd go with a Nexus 7. It's cheap and meets my standards for gaming, what more can you want?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 7
-cheaper
-more portable
-has less reported issues

Nexus 10
-bigger screen (also best screen available on any tablet period)
-better specs

Basically the better choice depends on what you're gonna do with it. But either one will be a great choice.

blakes278

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I would definitely go with the Nexus 7 because of its durability, toughness, power, low price and because its just a wonderful tablet that would look great along side your Ipad :D
Infact it would look great along side any tablet! :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance