google play ?

pcardinal42

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Just got my Nexus 7 and love the thing, but some apps I have on my phone aren't available on my tablet not because of the tablet but because I'm currently in Afghanistan. Does anyone know a way around this? I will get the message not avialbe in your country when I try and download already purchased apps to my tablet.

Thanks

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm assuming you are there with the government in some way. If so is there a wifi connection that isn't limited in any way you can connect to? Also make sure location services on Google is turned off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi! Sorry, I don't have an answer for you, but just wanted to say good luck and stay safe while in Afghanistan. Assuming you don't live there full time, I'm sure you'd rather be celebrating the New Year with family and friends elsewhere. So hang in there and hopefully you'll be able to download your apps to help pass the time.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
There are some apps that are not available on the tablet. There is a sticky in the n7 thread that has them posted for the most part.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

pcardinal42

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
There is internet that isn't limited but it is crappy and cost too much, I'll try and turn off the location service and see if that helps.

Thanks everyone

I'm assuming you are there with the government in some way. If so is there a wifi connection that isn't limited in any way you can connect to? Also make sure location services on Google is turned off.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
There is internet that isn't limited but it is crappy and cost too much, I'll try and turn off the location service and see if that helps.

Thanks everyone

Well I was thinking free government wifi that gets around country issues. Things are also strange in some of the Middle East, they block crazy things. When we were in Saudi and babies born here, they had to send the pics to dad by fax with the body blacked out because they were naked.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Well I was thinking free government wifi that gets around country issues. Things are also strange in some of the Middle East, they block crazy things. When we were in Saudi and babies born here, they had to send the pics to dad by fax with the body blacked out because they were naked.

Jeez.. And I thought US censorship was ridiculous

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)