possible to steam music from iphone?

RoyGBell

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Hey all, just received my Nexus 7 for Christmas and I am loving it. Only problem is hard drive is too small :( I guess santa wasn't feeling the extra 16 gig for me this year which would have solved quite a few problems. At any rate, I am researching possible solutions. I have ordered an OTG cable so I can share my flash drive. I have investigated wireless drives which are double beneficial since I can use them in my (out of space as well) Iphone. I don't like the fact that you need wifi to access it though. Then I got to thinking- is there a way to pair (BT) with my iphone to steam music? It will act like a portable hard drive, it's always with me, and I really only need the music/pictures from it.

I have tried to pair the two with no luck. Before I waste more time trying, is this even possible? I have jail broken my iphone for hotspot access to the nexus, and that works fine (through the wifi)...but pairing seems a bit more difficult to me. Any suggestions? The main problem seems to be on the iphone side, saying that the nexus 7 isnt compatible.

Appreciate any help and look forward to toying with this thing!

darkoman4

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
IPhones never really worked well with other devices with blue tooth. I would say no, you can't par them two. Using it as a media server is possible but you have to be on the same wi fi.