Amazon app of the day will not install

gcliff23

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I just received my nexus 7 for Christmas and absolutely love it. But for some reason, it won't install the amazon app of the day apk. When I click the file in downloads, there is a pop up menu showing what it will access and gives me the option of canceling or installing it. Clicking cancel will close it, but nothing happens when I click install.

In my settings I have untrusted apps unchecked. I'm stumped, can anyone please help?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Griff88

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm a new Nexus owner too so what I'm about to say could be wrong.

As far as I know in order to install apk's you need to install a file manager, browse to the downloads directory and install it that way. Merely using the "download" shortcut from the apps section won't allow you to do it.

You may also need to select the "unknown sources" option in the security settings to install apk's.

Diknak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
You need to have Unknown Sources checked, NOT unchecked. Unknown just means it isn't coming from the Play store.

And no, you don't need a file manager to install apks. If you download it and use the download app to see your apk, that should work just fine.

gcliff23

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I have unknown sources checked and it still won't download. It downloaded just fine on my rezound by clicking on the file in downloads.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you use a screen dimming app like Screen Filter? If the screen is too dim, for some reason the install button doesn't always register. This happened with my old Droid Incredible.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

gcliff23

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Nope, no screen filters. It's looking like I need to look for different amazon apk's, if that's possible, or reset my nexus.

When I first turned on my tablet, Google maps would not load due too a glitch where it says I had to allow location apps settings, ore something like that. We shall see what I can do to fix it.

gcliff23

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I ended up factory resetting this thing. When I set it up I had my Google play reset automatically. I immediately downloaded the amazon app of the day apk and successes! It downloaded. However, after all of my apps from Google play automatically loaded, I couldn't install any apps from amazon. So I immediately reset my tablet again, but this time I turned off the automatic downloads. I then downloaded the apk again and the tried to install the amazon apps. Thankfully it works, but now I have to download my apps from the play store one by one to see which one is preventing me to install 3rd party apk's.

donec

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Do you use a screen dimming app like Screen Filter? If the screen is too dim, for some reason the install button doesn't always register. This happened with my old Droid Incredible.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
I found this thread via Google and am glad you posted about screen filter apps. I could not install an app copied from another device that should install but thought the app could have been corrupted and then I could not install the Amazon Appstore app and I knew something weird was going on. Upon your suggestion I remembered I was using the app Screen Adjuster on my Note 2 and once I removed it everything installed as it should. Thanks for your post.

timothyh

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I too have the screen dimming app. Turned it to 100% and turned the nexus to very bright--almost hurts the eyes. Worked great for installing apps from Amazon. I was having some difficulty before this adjustment----thanks much.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo