- 2 Posts
wifi is killing my battery
I just got my nexus 7 for Christmas and so far I've noticed the battery life is awesome. Well today I downloaded frostwire and my battery was at like 50%. I wanted to download a song but didnt have time to make sure it downloaded correctly. A couple hours later I came back to my tablet and the battery was down to 16% and the WiFi icon at the top was indicating that it was using internet. I thought that was weird because nothing was downloading and I had only seen that icon if I was updating Facebook or something. Now its been about 5 hours and its still `downloading' something even though I've closed every app and even deleted frostwire. Is there any way to see what its trying to do and stop whatever that is??
- 12-29-2012, 12:43 PM #2
- 2 Posts
Re: wifi is killing my battery
it says nothing is using it, but the little wifi icon on my statusbar says that it's receiving data, and i have NO idea what it's receiving. i also just tried resetting my tablet and it's still got the same problem. Whatever it's 'receiving' is completely draining my battery if my wifi is on.
- By Lyle Ferguson in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 6Last Post: 12-17-2011, 08:16 PM
- By I am Fake Jesus in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 5Last Post: 10-28-2011, 12:57 AM
- By JoeMcFadden in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 10Last Post: 09-10-2011, 05:39 AM
- By wigglerx in forum HTC FlyerReplies: 7Last Post: 06-13-2011, 09:50 PM
- By UZR10278 in forum HTC myTouch 4GReplies: 4Last Post: 03-09-2011, 06:40 PM