Is there a longer charge cord available for this device?

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
This cord is soo Short that can't use it while plugged in comfortably. Is there any charger available that works and is longer please? Thanks

Sent from my SPH - L710 running Pac Man Rom 4.1.2

My notification bar >>>>>> yours

imparishilton

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Amazon has pretty good one for $7. Should be the first one that pops up on the nexus 7 charger search

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Just searched, I found one charger that says it only works when it's off

And I found a cord that's 40ft long but it's just for the nexus s on amazon

Sent from my Google Nexus 7 running aokp 4.1.2, because there is no PacMan rom for the nexus :(

Paul Ronne

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Just searched, I found one charger that says it only works when it's off

And I found a cord that's 40ft long but it's just for the nexus s on amazon

Sent from my Google Nexus 7 running aokp 4.1.2, because there is no PacMan rom for the nexus :(

Bought my 6 foot "cord exstention NOT CHARGER" at WalMart.... Works perfect.

mathelm

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I've tried several USB extension cables (USB male to female) and none will deliver amps enough to charge while using...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I've tried several USB extension cables (USB male to female) and none will deliver amps enough to charge while using...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Yea, im still searching myself, can't find ones for the nexus on Amazon that have ratings

Only found for the nexus s

Paul Ronne

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Just use reg USB to USB . put that cable from charger to supplied cable. Works perfect. Forget the micro crap: female to female 6 foot works perfect

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Yea, im still searching myself, can't find ones for the nexus on Amazon that have ratings

Only found for the nexus s

I don't get how it could only be for the Nexus S. I've only seen one Android phone that had anything other than a standard microUSB cable for a charger, and that was my brothers DROID Eris. If the cable is microUSB, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

With that out of the way, I have a USB extension cord I got years ago for some other purpose, and it works just fine with all of my devices. It effectively gives me 8" because it combines the two. I would just get something like that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

betachains

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I have both a Nexus 7 and a Nexus 4, and I have been playing with the inbox chargers and cords which came with them.

The N7 has a 2 A charger and a short cable, while the N4 has 1.2 A charger and a slightly longer cord. Both cords appear to be the same external caliber.

The N4 charges fine with any of the charger/cable combination. However, the N7 charges well only with its native charger/cable. For example, with the N7 charger/N4 cable, it won,t charge at all when being used, and took 8 hours to charge 50% when off.

The small difference in cable length can,t account for this huge difference. I would be interesting to see others' experiences with 3rd party cords.

hoosiermama2799

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I basically use whatever cord is handy. I have Kindle cords and cords from various phones...I haven't noticed a difference. My N7 was delivered to my office and I've never brought the charger and cord home, in case I needed to charge it there.

Yes, apparently I hoard chargers and cords....:)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol