Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Paul Ronne
  • 1 Post By hoosiermama2799
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is there a longer charge cord available for this device?

This cord is soo Short that can't use it while plugged in comfortably. Is there any charger available that works and is longer please? Thanks

Sent from my SPH - L710 running Pac Man Rom 4.1.2

My notification bar >>>>>> yours
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens

Default Re: Is there a longer charge cord available for this device?

You can just get any microusb to usb male cable. Monoprice sells some 3 ft and 6 ft ones.

Amazon has pretty good one for $7. Should be the first one that pops up on the nexus 7 charger search

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks guys, I'll check

Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens

ΔΔΔΔΔ. That

I bought a six footer. So six plus original 2.5 feet equals almost ten feet of charging freedom

ROM
    Stock 4.1.1 JB. (for Now)

I've seen them up to 10 foot on Ebay.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Just searched, I found one charger that says it only works when it's off

And I found a cord that's 40ft long but it's just for the nexus s on amazon

Sent from my Google Nexus 7 running aokp 4.1.2, because there is no PacMan rom for the nexus

Quote Originally Posted by Soundtrack to Chaos View Post
    Just searched, I found one charger that says it only works when it's off

And I found a cord that's 40ft long but it's just for the nexus s on amazon

Sent from my Google Nexus 7 running aokp 4.1.2, because there is no PacMan rom for the nexus

Bought my 6 foot "cord exstention NOT CHARGER" at WalMart.... Works perfect.

I've tried several USB extension cables (USB male to female) and none will deliver amps enough to charge while using...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    42... need I say more...
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by mathelm View Post
    I've tried several USB extension cables (USB male to female) and none will deliver amps enough to charge while using...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Yea, im still searching myself, can't find ones for the nexus on Amazon that have ratings

Only found for the nexus s

I got two of this one from ANAMAX - check the list of suppliers - and it works fine for charging at 2.1 amps using the N7 supplied charging transformer.. This will NOT work as an OTG cable, since OTG requires pins to be shorted. Get two in case you break one, they are cheap ($1.43) with free shipping from Texas if you buy from ANAMAX.

Amazon.com: USB to Micro-USB Cable - 6 Ft.: Computers & Accessories

Cool Re: Is there a longer charge cord available for this device?

Just use reg USB to USB . put that cable from charger to supplied cable. Works perfect. Forget the micro crap: female to female 6 foot works perfect

Global Posts
    707 Global Posts
    ROM
    GNex: CM10. N7: stock

Yea, im still searching myself, can't find ones for the nexus on Amazon that have ratings

I don't get how it could only be for the Nexus S. I've only seen one Android phone that had anything other than a standard microUSB cable for a charger, and that was my brothers DROID Eris. If the cable is microUSB, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

With that out of the way, I have a USB extension cord I got years ago for some other purpose, and it works just fine with all of my devices. It effectively gives me 8" because it combines the two. I would just get something like that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I use this one: Amazon.com: Mediabridge High Speed USB 2.0 A-Male to Micro-B Cable - 6 feet: Computers & Accessories, and get full-speed charging. Bought it from my wife's account, so I didn't think to submit a review for use with my Nexus.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by Roy_Baty View Post
    I use this one: Amazon.com: Mediabridge High Speed USB 2.0 A-Male to Micro-B Cable - 6 feet: Computers & Accessories, and get full-speed charging. Bought it from my wife's account, so I didn't think to submit a review for use with my Nexus.
    Thanks, I'll check it out!

I have lots of 6' cables. some from Monoprice.com and some from other sources. dirt cheap.
    Samsung Note 2

I have both a Nexus 7 and a Nexus 4, and I have been playing with the inbox chargers and cords which came with them.

The N7 has a 2 A charger and a short cable, while the N4 has 1.2 A charger and a slightly longer cord. Both cords appear to be the same external caliber.

The N4 charges fine with any of the charger/cable combination. However, the N7 charges well only with its native charger/cable. For example, with the N7 charger/N4 cable, it won,t charge at all when being used, and took 8 hours to charge 50% when off.

The small difference in cable length can,t account for this huge difference. I would be interesting to see others' experiences with 3rd party cords.

Time to break out the meter and test the pin outs. Has to be a difference...
    Thanked by:

I basically use whatever cord is handy. I have Kindle cords and cords from various phones...I haven't noticed a difference. My N7 was delivered to my office and I've never brought the charger and cord home, in case I needed to charge it there.

Yes, apparently I hoard chargers and cords....:-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Paul Ronne likes this.