Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Global Posts
    211 Global Posts

Default Re: Would you be willing to pay more for a higher end Nexus 7 (2013 model)?

Nope...I can barely justify a tablet in the first place..the only reason I bought one was because it was pure google and so cheap. It's a nice ereader, light browsing, media consumption device but not much more.

Default Re: Would you be willing to pay more for a higher end Nexus 7 (2013 model)?

Absolutely.

I don't care about a rear facing camera on a tablet, but a better GPU, faster processor and better speakers with some stereo separation would pique my interest. Higher resolution and HDMI would be cool too.

As it is though, I'm pretty happy with my Nexus 7. I don't think I'd run out to buy a new one unless it was really remarkable. This one meets my needs very well. My next tablet may very well be a Nokia running Windows RT anyway, but I won't do that until Windows RT has a decent library of apps and they don't have jack right now so that could be a while.

Thats kind of funny that you wouldn't buy something without LTE. Most home internet access is 4 meg, 10 meg, 20 meg, something like that. You can watch a HD movie on 2 Meg. HSPA+ has a max speed of 42MB per second. Even the iphone couldn't go over 14. But what, oh what, oh what do you need LTE speeds for on a device that can get 20MB per second. Thats wicked fast. If you buy a computer today and take it to Starbucks, you are surfing at like 7 or 8 mb per second. What's all this craziness about I need LTE when most of you don't even know why you need it.

ROM
    Stock 4.1.1 JB. (for Now)

I Probably would but probably not this year. Just got my 32gb N7 3G. Think I'll hang on to it for awhile.

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Ronne View Post
    Naw.... I bought it because it was what it is at the price I was willing to pay. And it gave me huge bang for buck. That is what made the nexus 7 so magical .
    My thoughts exactly.

Sent from my Nexus 7

I am very happy with my 32gig model. I do not see myself upgrading anytime soon as I have just had this one for two weeks. It does everything that I need it to do.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

I just bought mine and I will be hanging onto it for as long as I possibly can, since I can't afford to replace things like this very often. I can see a market for the features you describe, though I'm in the section of the market which appreciated the Nexus 7 because it offers a great spec for a relatively low cost.

5. Better speakers. Both the Nexus and iPad speakers are lame.
    *winces* Please don't use "lame" as an insult - it's really disrespectful of people with disabilities.

I'd have been happy to pay an extra tenner or so for better speakers, since I will be using it for listening to audiobooks a lot. Speakers do seem to be overlooked on computers a great deal, and I always notice this whenever I'm buying a laptop. I'll ring a shop or manufacturer to ask which laptops have good speakers, since as well as the audiobooks I watch films on my laptop instead of having a TV, and will be told either, "Oh, they're all fine," or, "All computers have rubbish speakers, you must get external speakers if you want to hear any sound at all." Which is total nonsense, as computer speakers vary considerably, and like most people, I just want to be able to watch a film from six feet or so away and hear it clearly, rather than needing DJ-quality sound. Considering how popular online videos are these days, it's high time that manufacturers caught up with the fact that yes, people *do* care about the quality of the sound.

7. Better battery. Maybe even removable.
    A longer battery life never hurts, but I manage fairly well. I don't think I'd have paid extra for it, unless it was a fairly low price increase and a mammoth difference in how long the battery lasts for.

I think one area which needs more development is accessories. At the moment, it's very patchy indeed, and new tablet owners find themselves having to buy all sorts of bits and bobs to get things to function. Tablet manufacturers are starting to produce accessories, it seems, but they're not that common and the prices are very high. They need to accept that right now there are a lot of cheap accessories they'll be competing with. 25 for an official docking station might have been worth it if it had come with good-quality speakers and an extra charger, for instance, but it's basically a stand which replicates the two ports it's covering up, and I don't think that's worth that amount of money.

Nah. I didn't NEED a tablet at all in the first place. This one does what I need it to do just fine. I bought it and a week later they outlawed tablets and smartphones at work. I would have used it more at work. Sure am glad I didn't spend more than I did for this one!
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.
    Rindog likes this.

I want a rear facing camera for QR and check scanning. Enormously high resolution isn't necessary for it. A micro SD card would be nice but an OTG USB port would be nicer. Louder clear speakers would be nice, but I'm not sure how you would fit front speakers to a seven inch tablet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TapATalk

I don't really see them moving out of the 200 to 250 dollar price range. The main reason being is that it's right in that impulse buying territory. So no, I wouldn't be willing to pay more because I don't think they will charge more. Its main appeal to me was the fact that it was cheap in price but still packed a punch in hardware. I think they will find a way to keep specs current but still manage to keep it within $200 to $299.

The only things I would really want are some kind of video out, either though HDMI through the USB port or Miracast, and full USB OTG support. Beyond that it works just fine for me.

ROM
    CM 9.1

If they can make the successor the same size but with a much smaller bezel.

-Bigger battery (The battery life is already great though)
    -Front facing speaker
    - A bit faster processor
    - Dual band to support miracast
    - Micro HDMI out

And of course don't make the entry level model 8gb and then discontinue it 3 months later

That's all that's necessary.

Camera (for snapping documents for Evernote) and hdmi are the only features I feel are missing. To be honest, I thought I would miss them, but having had the current N7 for about a month now I'm almost indifferent. I always have my phone on hand to snap a high quality photo that ends up in Evernote just the same, and video streaming can be accessed by a growing number of other household and mobile devices. Def not enticing enough to pay up for those features on the next model.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12