chrome icon in home screen

juhinca

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm a new android user so this might be a silly question, in an attempt to place a chrome shortcut in the home screen, I pressed and held the Google apps icon on the bottom left and then selected chrome icon and dragged it into the home screen. Now there is a permanent icon on my home screen that doesn't work (doesn't actually open the browser), but can't be removed and appears in all the screens if I flip left or right. Almost like embedded in my wallpaper, seems weird, anyone has seen this before?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's not entirely clear to me what you did. Are you saying that you tapped the circular All Apps icon in the center of the bottom tray, long-pressed the Chrome icon, and then dragged it to the home screen? If so, did you drag and drop it into the bottom tray? This tray is for frequently used apps or folders, and doesn't change when you swipe from one homescreen to another.

As to why it doesn't open the browser--are you saying that absolutely nothing happens when you tap the icon, or does the browser window open but nothing shows up? If the latter, then make sure your wi-fi is on, and that you have a wi-fi hotspot available for you to connect to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis