Lost N7, security concerns

giograves

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Ok bonehead move in a rush to get to a wedding put down my N7 and forgot the dam thing in a car park. I have face and pattern unlock, but I feel like those are easily crackable.

What are my options should someone break in light up wifi? All my mail and some sensitive info are stored locally as is.:-[

mathelm

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Found an article on it, you should check out some of the comments there too.....

How to deactivate Nexus 7 tablet If it?s lost or stolen
advertisement
Did you lose or misplace your Google Nexus 7 tablet? First thing, you may want to do is try to find your lost or stolen android tablet & You may want to disable or deactivate your android device so that your Google accounts or Google Play Store is not used.

1. Try to find your lost or stolen android tablet like Nexus 7 using the android apps.

2. You can disable or deactivate your Nexus 7 by contacting Google Customer Service. Google Customer Service is getting better. You can contact Google about Nexus devices.

a. If you are in USA, you can try calling 1-855-83-NEXUS (63987) for help with deactivating Nexus device.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Not helpful in this situation but the next time you buy a tablet, install cerberus and you would be able to do a remote wipe.

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't think pattern is easily hackable unless someone wants to sit there for hours just swiping random predetermined patterns until it unlocks. Obviously make sure the pattern isn't just one line or two.

In this situation a thief wouldn't even bother trying to unlock it and would just reformat the tablet himself and sell the tablet. So your data would be wiped anyway.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Not helpful in this situation but the next time you buy a tablet, install cerberus and you would be able to do a remote wipe.

Yeah I have that installed now just in case something like that happens. The problem is it has to be connected to a wifi connection to do a wipe.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't think pattern is easily hackable unless someone wants to sit there for hours just swiping random predetermined patterns until it unlocks. Obviously make sure the pattern isn't just one line or two.

It's been documented that pattern is subject to breaking due to finger smears left on the screen. So unless they cleaned their screen right before losing it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC