Upgrading to 32gb

vitoonto

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone. Got a pretty nube question. I'm upgrading to a 32 GB from a 16 GB. When I sign in with my Google account and load all my games what do I need to do to not lose all the progress? Sorry if this is a stupid question. I tried to search but had no luck.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

vitoonto

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Really only interested in one games progress. I've been playing order and chaos and don't want to lose 32 levels.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Really only interested in one games progress. I've been playing order and chaos and don't want to lose 32 levels.

are you rooted. if you are rooted use an app called titanium backup to backup the game progress.
restore it once you get your new tablet.

i had a hp touchpad with android 4.0 before where i had lot of game saves. I bought nexus 10 and all i have to do was restore. boom. its where i left off.

but you need root.

vitoonto

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
If I'm not rooted already can I still root without causing a problem?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Android Central Forums

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
If I'm not rooted already can I still root without causing a problem?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Android Central Forums
thats would be hard. because unlocking bootloader to root will wipe all data.

google to find if there is an option to root Nexus 7 without unlocking the bootloader.

not sure Nexus 7 toolkit root without wiping the data.

Last Ride

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
What about the MyBackup (Pro) app? Doesn't require root, and I think you can back up the apps and data at any point. Am I wrong here?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
What about the MyBackup (Pro) app? Doesn't require root, and I think you can back up the apps and data at any point. Am I wrong here?

copied this from backup pro description

"Users who have a rooted phone: You can backup apk+data as well as market links!
NOTE: Data/setting of applications can only be supported if you have a rooted phone, or if the application integrates with us."

Last Ride

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
copied this from backup pro description

"Users who have a rooted phone: You can backup apk+data as well as market links!
NOTE: Data/setting of applications can only be supported if you have a rooted phone, or if the application integrates with us."

Ah, bummer. I guess I never paid much attention since up until my N4, I have always been rooted. Best of luck either way!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool