Asus or Google for Warranty?

ruger141

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
My screen lift has gotten worse and now creaks sometimes when I type. I've also randomly experienced an unresponsive screen that requires putting tablet to sleep and back on again to fix. Do you go through Asus or Google for a return? I originally bought it from Sam's Club and its well past the 30 day return for them. They said I needed to go through Asus since the pamphlet in my Tablets Box says to do so. Only thing is Asus said that it is to head to a Repair Facility instead of getting a new Tablet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
ASUS will be your only option AFAIK. I purchased my N7 at Wal-Mart, noticed the screen lift a few days later & debated taking my tablet back for a couple days. Called Wal-Mart but was out of the 15 day window on electronic returns. I called Google for their advice (Send it to ASUS) whish was what I expected being that I did not by from the play store. After doing a lot of research on the screen lift issue I decided to fix my screen lift issue & avoid sending off my N7 for a week or 2. ...I Am In NO Way Saying Do This... I opened the back cover, tightened the screws, loosened them & retightened them.. That did not work well. Finally I cut a small plastic tab off the rear cover which was pushing on the insides of the tablet causing the screen to push away from the double sided tape that holds it onto the device. Issue mostly solved - still get just a bit of lift because the inside of the tablet still presses against the rear of the screen slightly & it just so happens that's in the middle left side where there is the bare minimum of double sided tape to hold the screen down to the frame. no creaking tho as it seats right down when in use. Anyway, Turns out I will still have to send my N7 off to ASUS because my camera had bitten the dust a few days earlier. I called them to work it out & they were Very helpful. Only thing holding me back now is wiping the N7 & shipping it off, ASUS will provide an RMA. I do run the risk now that I opened the back of my N7 to fix the screen lift so I VOIDED my year warranty with ASUS. I took that chance.. We shall see, I'll report back when I send her off & then get her back... Long story short, send it off to ASUS ;)

ruger141

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Hmm I too opened the back and removed that little plastic piece. I don't recall seeing any stickers or anything that would let them know unopened the back to void my warranty though? On a side not you answered which of the two to send it back to when you mentioned buying it from the google store. I must be seeing all those people in threads talking about getting refunds :( I'd like to possibly have that option so if I'm not happy with my results I could look at a different tablet.

NealJ777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
If you brought it via Google Play, then contact Google. If you brought it anywhere else other than Google Play (you said "Sam's Club"), then it goes to ASUS.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Hmm I too opened the back and removed that little plastic piece. I don't recall seeing any stickers or anything that would let them know unopened the back to void my warranty though? On a side not you answered which of the two to send it back to when you mentioned buying it from the google store. I must be seeing all those people in threads talking about getting refunds :( I'd like to possibly have that option so if I'm not happy with my results I could look at a different tablet.

If they notice you removed "that little plastic piece", then your warranty is void.

Also, your only refund opportunity would have been with sam's club which you state is now past.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674