nexus 7 games crash

calocojo

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I got a nexus 7 at Xmas, mainly to play games. Now I'm finding that although I have got games on Google Play, they don't seem to be suitable for the tablet. It has crashed repeatedly on both Sims Free play and Townsmen. A pop up appears telling me that it is closing, and opening in safe mode so that I can delete the third party app that I have downloaded. I thought that the play store games were OK for any device. Thanks

Diknak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
hmm, I also have been playing Sims Free play and haven't had a single crash.

What version of the OS are you running? I have updated it to the latest stock firmware and have had no game crashes.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried uninstalling the game, and then installing again?

It's also possible that some other app you've installed is interfering. Unfortunately, there's no easy way to tell, short of uninstalling a whole bunch of your apps and adding them back one by one to see when the problem resurfaces.

calocojo

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I've got AVG on it, was wondering if that caused the problem. Just a bit wary of trying again because I'm not really familiar with the nexus yet, and had a problem getting it back to normal after it crashed. Thanks for replying

calocojo

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
It came with 4.2.1. Apparently there have been a few glitches after this update. I'll try again because I like sim games. I really just wondered if there was a particular issue with certain games and the nexus. As I mentioned in another thread, I have an antivirus on it and am wondering if that caused the crash??? Thanks

calocojo

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Reinstalled the Sims and seems OK now, but Townsmen is still crashing. Strange, I played that for a while before it started closing, only get a few minutes now. Uninstalled Christmas Moon live wallpaper, as that seems to be a bit iffy. Hoping I can sort this out, games are what I wanted to use the tablet for. Thanks

Diknak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
you've tried rebooting the tablet, right? If not, try that and see if it helps. I haven't had any games crash so far.

jdauria

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I have never played the Sims game on my N7 but I do have the NFS and FIFA and never have crashed. I heard that the Sim's game does crash frequently (according to the reviews on Google Play)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I use Lookout, and never get crashes. You could try uninstalling AVG and temporarily using Lookout as a test.

repligation

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
The only problem I have experienced with any games or even any apps at all on my N7 is that Where's My Perry froze for about 30 seconds once when my son was playing it. The game unfroze and picked up right where it left off after that--No force close, no shut down. I'm not sure what caused it, but I have not been able to replicate the problem again.

calocojo

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I have to reboot each time it crashes, no choice. Seemed to be better yesterday, I uninstalled loads of apps, but is closing and reverting to home screen on most of my apps now. If I wait 30 seconds or so and try again to unlock the screen, .l can usually get the page
I was on back again....but not in games.

calocojo

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
There are a variety of reasons I suppose we live in an area where the internet fluctuates a lot, there's a problem getting phone signal etc. I read the reviews on the games before I installed them, and this was not happening when I played any game, til a few days ago. I'll try Lookout. Thankyou for all your replies, your help is very much appreciated

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair