Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Default Re: Got the Nexus 7 for xmas..some thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by jstar8000 View Post
    it is recommended that when you install a rom that you wipe data along with it because that old data may not cooperate with the old os.
    if you are talking about TitaniumBackup, then you can keep your data
    Yes, but wiping data before installing a ROM doesn't wipe the ENTIRE device the same way that unlocking the bootloader will. Unlocking the device will wipe the internal SD. Wiping data in recovery before installing a ROM will not. I'm quite familiar with the process as I've installed numerous ROMs on my Android phones, including a Galaxy Nexus.
    Thanked by:
    bc2k 
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

I will agree that the speaker is lacking. I guess I don't use it much without headphones or bluetooth to notice that much. I don't really have the need for a rear camera, but I use the hangouts function all the time and the front camera does seem to do really well.

Quote Originally Posted by bmoore09 View Post
    I don't really have the need for a rear camera, but I use the hangouts function all the time and the front camera does seem to do really well.
    Funny I'm the opposite...could careless about the front facing camera, but for depositing checks and checking bar codes the rear facing camera would have been my choice. Overall the N7 is great, but I do think not having a rear facing camera was a rather major oversight...clearly cost is an issue, but all tablets now a days need to provide both front/rear cameras.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12