How to transfer pics to Nexus 7 16gb

Cat12

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Hello. I would like to be able to transfer pics from my Kodak Easy Share v550 to my new Nexus 7 by plugging in the SD card from the camera.
Is this possible? What would I need to purchase. The camera supports pictbridge. Thank you very much.

darkoman4

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Or how about a good old way. Transfer photos to PC and then hook up N7 to PC and pick and drop them to N7. Sometimes the easiest way is the one everybody knows how to do.

BTW Nexus doesn't have an SD card slot so that's out of question.

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Or how about a good old way. Transfer photos to PC and then hook up N7 to PC and pick and drop them to N7. Sometimes the easiest way is the one everybody knows how to do.

I agree. OP is making this way more complicated than it needs to be.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

AFM1204

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Option 1:
Get SD card reader with USB, OTG cable or mini USB adapter, and Nexus Media Importer app.

Option 2:
Transfer photos to PC then use USB cable to transfer the files to your tablet,

Option 3:
Transfer photos to PC, get Picasa for PC, upload your photos to Picasa. You will see your photos in your Nexus 7's gallery. This keeps the photos on the server and off of your tablet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site

Incorrect info, so sorry.

You can plug in an OTG adapter and plug in a SD / ANY kind of memory reader or even a hard drive / DVD player and read directly from the camera media with no trouble using either unrooted Nexus Media Importer or rooted stickmount [settings > Storage > 3 periods at top right (menu) > USB computer connection > Media Device (MTP)

OR

You can plug your camera directly into the N7 if your cable or adapter will fit and do the transfer directly using settings > Storage > 3 periods at top right (menu) > USB computer connection > Camera (PTP)

Sharon Comstock

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Yes, but what if you don't have a computer handy or free? Would getting a Memory Card Reader, plugging it into the OTG cable, and plugging that into the N7 do the trick? Is the software in place such that the N7 knows what to do next?

freedda

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Yes, but what if you don't have a computer handy or free? Would getting a Memory Card Reader, plugging it into the OTG cable, and plugging that into the N7 do the trick? Is the software in place such that the N7 knows what to do next?
Along with the OTG dongle, and your card read, you'll need to get Nexus Media Importer (NMI) for this to work. I just got my N7 last week, mainly to view photos while I'm traveling (and not often connected to the Internet).

NMI cost a few bucks but I think it's worth it. Works really well. Only thing is, you might want to also get some kind of file manager app (I have X-plore) so you can create folders for your images. And then you can direct NMI which folder you want to copy your images to. The Android file structure is a bit odd to me (not being a techie, and coming from using Windows XP), but I've been able to find my way around in it. Just remember to create your folders and copy your files to the (sdcard) directory, not the (root) directory.

I usually put my image files in a folder, something like: (sdcard)/storage/emulated/0/Pictures/my-folder/

I also downloaded the app Photo Editor (by dev.macgyver). I haven't learned too much about image editing with it, but it does have a Batch function, so I can resize my JPG files, making them smaller so they take up less space on my tablet. I will be keeping the original JPGs and the raw files on my SD cards, so I really only want to view and maybe do some light editing while traveling, so don't need really big files. Once I've done the batch conversion (PE puts the files in an odd place, and can't remember right now where that is), I delete the original big files and replace them with the smaller ones.

Finally, besides Photo Editor, I have Snapseed (free app, owned by Google), which I haven't played with too much; and I also got Photoshop Touch ($10), which I've been doing most of my editing on--it's working out well, once I've figured out how to use it.

Hope that is helpful, and not "too much information."

Regards, David

S Gitlin

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm having a little problem with downloading pictures from my SD card to my Nexus 7 using Nexus Media Importer. What I would like to do, is to download my pictures to a specific folder that I have previously established in the /Pictures primary folder. I can't seem to find how to tell Nexus Media Importer that this is the folder I want to use. The pictures all get downloaded to the primary Pictures folder. I believe the ability is there to do what I would like to do, but I just don't see how to do it.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Stew

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis