Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Default can I buy nexus 7 32 gb att unlocked and NOT start data plan until I need it?

sorry for probably a dumb question

As the title says, I would like to buy the 299 nexus 7 but, at least for now, I see no reason to need the att plan (any plan) for data. So, if I buy the 299 unit ..can I put off starting data and just use it with the WiFi?? thx . R

Default Re: can I buy nexus 7 32 gb att unlocked and NOT start data plan until I need it?

Yes.. I did insert the sim, eventually. But no need to, or have a data plan...
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Default Re: can I buy nexus 7 32 gb att unlocked and NOT start data plan until I need it?

Hmmmmm now I am even more confused.

It happens that I do already have a ATT Galaxy phone (original one) with a data plan. It works just fine.

I am trying to replace my laptop computer with a nexus 7. I have a desktop for any heavy duty computing if I need that.

Obviously, my laptop does NOT have a separate data plan, it just connects with my in-house wifi. But, I'd like to be able to secure a data plan for occasional travel, so my nexus 7 would be more usable on the road.

From what was said on another site..., it sounds like I can just slip my present sim card (from my phone) into my....new nexus 7 32 gb unlocked... and I will be using my original data plan on my nexus 7 pad.... on those rare occasions when I need such a service.

Is this correct? . thanks very much Rich

Yes, you might could, I don't know. But if it were me, I would figure out how to teather it to my phone....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    42... need I say more...
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

ATT has a Vedanta against tethering without paying an additional data charge. When I put my CHARGE CORD onto the phone I get all sorts of error messages claiming that I am tethering!!! I use about 15 % of my monthly data limit, but I can't use it without paying them more and more on another device. Gotta love ATT...

I am just trying to keep my options open. Rich
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

thanks for all of the help. I just bought it. Rich

Welcum..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

How can i rotate the screen without going back to the settings..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

auphoea Sorry, but I think you dropped your query into the end of my query. No one will know it is here.

Probably best for you if you started a NEW THREAD. regards, Rich