Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GiveMLHarry
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default "Unfortunately, Settings Has Stopped"

I can open settings and go to every area within settings, but when I try to go into "Storage", I get this error. I can't reboot unless I Unmount my sd card or it will say it's damaged upon reboot. Any idea why i'm getting this error?

And...is there a way to Unmount sd card, without going into settings?

Thanks.

Default Re: "Unfortunately, Settings Has Stopped"

Carl,

On which device are you trying to do this? Let me know and I'll move this thread to the appropriate location... will help you get a speedy response.
    James Falconer
    Community Manager, Mobile Nations
    Email: james@mobilenations.com
    Twitter: @JamesFalconer

Can I jump in here as well? I get that message only when I try to change my user picture from Settings but it's got me a bit worried (and annoyed). Could it be because I disabled some apps like Google + and the voice search? I enabled them again to try and see if it helps, but still nada I'm using Nexus 7 32GB

Quote Originally Posted by Goth Angel View Post
    Can I jump in here as well? I get that message only when I try to change my user picture from Settings but it's got me a bit worried (and annoyed). Could it be because I disabled some apps like Google + and the voice search? I enabled them again to try and see if it helps, but still nada I'm using Nexus 7 32GB
    Can someone please, please help? It's really bugging me now that I can't put a user photo. I know it's not vital, but if I'm supposed to have the option and it doesn't work, then something's wrong, and I want to find out what it is :-/

I have the same problem with my nexus 4 with security settings. this is really annoying as I cannot lock the screen or install apks which are not secured. my phone is rooted and on 4.2.2 Android version. I tried factory reset, with no luck. Please can someone help me with this?

Moving this thread to Nexus 7 forum. Seems most applicable there... syantra, the solution will no doubt apply to your Nexus 4 as well, so be sure to subscribe to this thread!
    James Falconer
    Community Manager, Mobile Nations
    Email: james@mobilenations.com
    Twitter: @JamesFalconer

Quote Originally Posted by syantra View Post
    I have the same problem with my nexus 4 with security settings. this is really annoying as I cannot lock the screen or install apks which are not secured. my phone is rooted and on 4.2.2 Android version. I tried factory reset, with no luck. Please can someone help me with this?
    I had the same problem with my Nexus 4 after the 4.2.2 upgrade and this is how I fixed it:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

I had a similar issue with my Epic Touch 4G upgrade to Jellybean. Fixed it by first toggling bluetooth off from the notification panel and then launched settings.

[Edit] Spoke too soon. If I enable bluetooth and wait for a couple of minutes and then try to launch setttings, the same issue occurs again. Disabling bluetooth will allow me to get back into settings, but it looks like this is a bug in Jellybean.

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JTKDaddy View Post
    I had a similar issue with my Epic Touch 4G upgrade to Jellybean. Fixed it by first toggling bluetooth off from the notification panel and then launched settings.

[Edit] Spoke too soon. If I enable bluetooth and wait for a couple of minutes and then try to launch setttings, the same issue occurs again. Disabling bluetooth will allow me to get back into settings, but it looks like this is a bug in Jellybean.
    Yes, I get this when turning on Bluetooth, but seemingly only when BT connects to my car's handsfree right away. If there's no auto-connect device within range, no error.

E4GT, GB27 (Jelly Bean), rooted.
    --
    Andrew Rich

Have an Epic 4G Touch from Sprint with exactly same problem. Upgraded to JB, followed all instructions. Did not load any new apps. When Bluetooth pairs with a device the "Unfortunately Settings blah blah" error message comes along and Settings goes bye-bye. Comes back when Bluetooth un-pairs with the device. It's only when the device is paired for my phone. Definitely not just Nexus.
    Last edited by cattracks31; 04-16-2013 at 06:27 AM. Reason: Forgot a comment

I have a Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch with Sprint and after I upgraded to Jelly Beans, I could not get into settings at all. I would choose settings and then get the message "Unfortunately, Settings has Stopped." After reading the comments above, I tried turning off bluetooth and was able to get in just fine. Now, the only problem is I cannot get the phone to pair with my bluetooth headset. When I put the Plantronics headset into pairing mode and scan for bluetooth devices, it does not see it.

Okay, update. While posting this, the pairing expired on my headset and then, voila, my headset suddenly appeared in the device list as paired even though the headset said "Pairing unsuccessful, powering off." I powered the headset back on and voila again, it changed status to connected for both audio and phone. I then exited settings and tried to go back into settings and no problem.

This issue is happening on my Galaxy Note with the recent JB upgrade. Mucking with Bluetooth on/off does not fix it, and I can't see the keymaster folder when I try to apply the fix mentioned here: (I have a rooted phone but it cd reports "no such file or directory"). Hence, I'm stuck. Any more suggestions short of a factory reset (please, no!)

my sony xperia L is showing "Unfortunately, Settings Has Stopped" when i access 'transfer apps from internal storage to external sd card'
    in settings. what should i do? i just upgraded it to android 4.2.2 through pc companion

Google this is pure BS! This is the kind of crappy programming we expect from MS. I thought you were better, but obviously not. I can't get in and even set my time and date without getting the message "setup has stopped working". I guess I will have to try Apple for my next phone. You have had a long time to post a fix for this and haven't. You obviously don't give a damn about your customers.
    droiderf likes this.