nexus 7 charging ..

cedz

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Can somebody help me what is the right pattern of I charging ? I charge my nexus 7 when it has 18% battery all time . is it all right ? Will it damage the battery ? Sorry bout the question . its only my first android gadget :D

hunterx82

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I am no pro but I have never heard you had to charge by a certain percentage to hey the most out of your battery. I do find a big difference in charging it with the native cable than one from my S3.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
people here in other posts have said that the optimal charging pattern is to charge at about 20% and stop charging at about 80-90%.

My opinion is that you should charge it when you can and let it charge to completion. My thinking is that this device will be a total piece of crap in a lot less time than it would take to damage the battery from whatever charging pattern you use. Tablet development is going fast and furious with new stuff coming every week or two.

One thing you should apparently avoid is to let the batteries go so low that the N7 shuts down. That supposedly can cause other serious issues.

search for the threads here if you want the particulars....

cedz

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your replies guys . appreciated :) I thought you always need to wait till a message appear in the screen "connect charger" LOL .

mathelm

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Considering that the battery is replaceable, I wouldn't worry too much over it. Charge at night (unless like me you fall asleep holding it) and most any time during the day when you get the chance. The only thing you need worry about is weather it has the power to do what you want to do when you want to do it. Your only worry should be not getting too low, and only that because of the issues reported by some regarding low batteries and them not wanting to turn on. But I'm not even worried about that.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz